Monday, June 1, 2015

LTSCB Challenge: Male Call

Oh My Goodness! I am not sure what happened but Leslie emailed me that this did not go live. So a HUUUGE apology to everyone: to LTSCB owner Leslie Turner for not fulfilling my duties (it was not intentional), to Stamps on Fire for not giving their great image proper exposure, and to everyone who wanted to see this before now. Below is the post that should have been live on June 1st. I was never able to get with my nephew to get pics so be warned that they are bad.


Okay everyone, it's time once again to get your thinking caps on and get the creativity flowin'. This time around we want to see your masculine cards over at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. Our sponsors for this challenge are:

Prize: 1 free seat to any CCO online workshop listed on website
www.CraftClassesOnline.com


Prize: Stamp set and 6x6 pad


Prize: $10 gift certificate
If it fits, enter your project into their challenge: http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.com/


Prize: 20% off website certificate to winner


Wow! We have 4 sponsors this time and one lucky winner will receive a free on-line class. How great is that?!

I got to work with a stamp from Stamps on Fire called Stagecoach. At first I was a little concerned about what I would do with this image. It is a little out of my comfort zone, but God soon took care of my dilemma and put an idea into my head. Lucky for me I needed a card for my nephew's 13th birthday. Here is what God came up with:




Oh Dear!! I'm not sure what happened to my pictures. My camera must have been on the wrong setting. How disappointing! Believe it or not this card is kraft and red. I used an A7 kraft base and some red DP that I thought looked like bandana (or handkerchief) material. The image is stamped on white cardstock using brown Memento ink. The sentiment is some letter stickers that I have had for years. They too look like bandana material and match the paper well. I added burlap, jute, and buttons for my elements. I was so proud of the cowboy boots on the inside. They were drawn by my husband from a picture I found on the web. He did such a great job. The inside saying was my own that I printed on the computer. I colored the boots and hat with Distress Markers and the spurs were colored with gold Wink of Stella glitter pens.

I am going to have to visit my nephew and get new pics, but for now these will have to do. Sorry about this goof. I hope you will still join in on our challenge. My DT teamies have some great stuff for you to look at. Pop over to the blog via my link on the side and check it out. You have two weeks from June 1st.


No comments: