Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Busy Busy Busy

For my project for the Anything Goes challenge over at Love to Scrap click HERE.

Whew! The last two months have been extremely busy with craft projects and other things. I was asked to speak at my sister's church for their mother-daughter banquet. I thought she was crazy for that LOL. I was also asked to cut out flowers and hearts for decorations to be used at a ladies rally held on April 11th at the church I attend. On top of all of that, I was in charge of everything (and I mean everything except food) for our mother-daughter banquet. We call our banquet an All Daughter's Banquet so that no one feels left out or doesn't think they should attend. In the past women would say they didn't feel that they should come because they did not have daughters (only sons) or they did not have any children. This way every woman is included because every woman is a daughter.

I want to share pictures of the projects that I made:



I had to make 34 of these pots for our Ladies Day Rally on April 19th. The original pots had hearts with the word JOY glued on them instead of suns. I replaced the hearts with suns for the All Daughters Banquet. I cut everything out with my cricut-which means I cut out 8 triple-layered flowers per pot plus 6 hearts per pot along with 6 of each of the letters J-O-Y. Then I glued most of them together. I did have some ladies offer to glue the flowers together. The bad thing was I did not volunteer for this-it just got dumped on me. My sister was kind enough to put the pots together so "all" I did was cut everything out and do a lot of the gluing. I think it took about 3 weeks of late nights to get them done.


 


These are the table favors that I made for the All Daughter's Banquet. It was May 16th. After finishing the flower pots I had to write my presentation for my sister's banquet and make 85 luminaries for my banquet. These were made using the Tim Holtz Luminary Die. Yes I made all 85 by myself. The windows are vellum. I stamped one with part of a larger stamp from Hero Arts (I think). Then I put a rhinestone on the one flower and covered the little circle flowers with stickles. I topped the luminary with a pearl and clear faceted bead.

I got several compliments on my projects and presentation, but now I am suffering from burnout. My house is a disaster so now I have to get in gear and try to play catch up. My husband hated every minute of my crafting but he didn't say much since it was all for church activities.

My Luminary is going into the following challenges:

http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.gr/  Historic (I think these look like the old lanterns that were used in the old days)
http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/ Inspirational photo challenge
http://partytimetuesdays.blogspot.ca/  I couldn't find a theme so maybe Anything Goes?
http://www.ttcrd.blogspot.com/  Anything Goes
http://www.retrorubberchallengeblog.com/  May Flowers
http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/  Anything Goes
http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/  Anything Goes
http://creativefingerschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything Goes

 

20 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Wow that was a lot of work but all looked brilliant and I am sure it was appreciated

Debbie Mageed said...

Woohoo! You did a fantastic job making those and they will be treasured! I understand the burnout feeling so just regroup and enjoy your accomplishment!! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber this week.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart, good luck!!! Amy

ike said...

My goodness - that certainly was a lot of work but the results look fabulous :-) Yes - I could see a couple of those lanterns being used by pirates burying treasure :-D
Great make - the look terrific.

Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES :-D

IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page

Sall said...

EEek I just imagine gas blowers {were they called that?} extinguishing those lanterns at night. Such a unique take on historic. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your creativity with us Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Oh Wow stunning work love them.Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

Neva Cole said...

Lovely favors. Both are a wonderful interpretation of our challenge. I can understand the fatigue after creating so many favors! Thank you for joining us at RRBC.

Leslie said...

Wow, oh wow, oh wow! You've definitely been a busy lady! This is all magnificent! Bless your heart... wish I lived closer because I sure would have loved to help you! Just fabulous! :)

andree said...

Wow, stunning! Such an amazing project-so impressive! Thanks so much for playing this time at Party Time Tuesdays. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Andree (DT)

Alshandra said...

Wow, such a lot of work but I'm sure they were greatly appreciated by the ladies. Projects look wonderful. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week. Elizabeth

Unknown said...

What gorgeous creations! Although it might now have been a volunteered activity, it certainly was a labor of love. Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber. Hope you will come back to see us soon!

Christine Traversa said...

Wow! Such a creative design! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What sweet designs and very creative! They make great centerpieces!! Thanks for sharing and joining our challenge at ODBD!!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Oooo WOW! I so much admire your effort and enthusiasm! Your projects are stunning Annette. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Have a nice day and happy crafting Annette :)

Fondly,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Eve said...

jolie décorations

Cindy Groh said...

Wow, you have been busy. I love your projects here. They are lovely. Thank you for joining us at Through the Craft Room Door.

Jane Knudsen said...

Wow! I am exhausted after reading your post! What lovely projects - extremely beautiful and I am sure they will be treasured! Thank you for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

Mimi said...

Oh WOW Annette, what a fabulous project, you must be very proud of yourself creating all these wonderful items, just brilliant. Thank you so much for entering our fortnightly challenge at IKEsWORLD and hope to see more of you wonderful creations. Hugs xxxx

Shelley said...

What a fabulous project! SO much work and detail in these. Thank you for playing along with us at IWC x

Cathymac said...

Love the crafty projects, Annette! Thank you so much for the kind comment you left on my blog for the ODBD June Release post…the screen in front of the lighthouse card is a little optical illusion…the lighthouse was simply stamped right on the Designer Paper making it look like there is a screen over the scene! Hugs!