Monday, May 18, 2015

LTSCB Challenge 54 "Anything Goes"

I am a few hours late getting this card uploaded to blogland. It has been a very busy couple of months and I have struggled to find time to do my biweekly obligations. However, I got my card finished and was very pleased with how it turned out.

Normally for our Anything Goes challenges I like to do different types of things so that you can see just how versatile stamps and embellishments can be. This time though, I needed a get well card for the husband of a friend. He suffered a stroke a couple of weeks ago and has a very long road ahead of him. Our sponsors for this challenge are:


Prize: 7 images to winner

Prize: Image(s) of choice to winner up to $15 value from the SNS Exclusive Line
 
Prize: 3 images to winner


On You Tube this card was called a step card. I have never made one before and wanted to try my hand at it. Here is what I made:





There doesn't seem to be much difference in the first two pictures, but the 2nd one is open and standing while the first one is laying flat. The image that I used is called Cabin in the Woods by Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps. I do not have a lot of masculine images. This has a rustic feel and I thought of a hunting cabin. I only used dies to embellish and build the scene. The back layer is a Memory Box die. I cut off the houses and just left the trees. The front trees are Magnolia Doohickey firs. The deer are from the Wildlife Cricut cartridge and the sentiment is cut from a Lifestyle Crafts die which I inked with Evergreen Bow Distress Ink and stamped with brown Memento. I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the smoke although you can't really tell from the pictures.
 
I am entering the following challeges:
http://lawnscaping.blogspot.com/  New Technique (mine is a new fold)
http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.com/  Anything Goes w/ option New Beginnings

20 comments:

Barbara Bruder said...

This card is adorable. I love how your step card turned out. I am sure your friends hubby will love this card. Great Job!! Thanks for joining us at the Mema’s Crafts challenge this month. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Unknown said...

Wow! Fabulous card. The dimension and layers are awesome! Thank you for joining us over at Scrapbook Stamp Society:)
~ Bonnie DT

Dr Sonia S V said...

Saw your card in a Challenge and had to come have a closer look...such a gorgeous scenic card...love it
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

KarinsArtScrap said...

Annette this is gorgeous and beautiful made

Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


Kaija said...

Gorgeous card!Thank you for participating ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
Welcome again and Good Luck!
Gr.Kaija DT-member

Annie S. said...

Wonderful masculine card and I love the step. I haven't tried one yet but now I want to! Thanks for sharing in the Cards in Envy Challenge!

Annie S. said...

Wonderful masculine card and I love the step. I haven't tried one yet but now I want to! Thanks for sharing in the Cards in Envy Challenge!

Jacqueline Muller said...

Adorable! Lovely scene.

Unknown said...

Lovely card Annette! Perfect for a masculine card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Leslie said...

What a wonderful scene you've created here, Annette! I love this step card! You've done a fabulous job with that image! :)

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, I love the scene you have created and all your detailing looks wonderful.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge.
Sue xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Such a fabulous scenery card! Wonderful details...wow.

Mema's Crafts said...

Lovely scene you've created. We are so glad you decided to visit us at Mema's Crafts and we hope you'll stop by to play again real soon.

Sue Nicholson said...

Lovely sweet card, thanks for sharing and joining us at Cutie Pie cheers Sue N x

Kandy's Krafts said...

A lovely stepper card. Thank you for joining us at CFTH challenge. Good Luck.

Samantha Casey said...

Stunning card! I love the scene you made! Thank you for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Heather said...

This is fabulous!! I LOVE the scene you created. Such a great idea to use a stamped image as the main focal and then embellish it with the dies. And the step card was perfect for your theme.

Vannessa said...

This is fabulous - love the forest scene you have created here. Thanks for joining in the Paper Nest Dolls Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
The Paper Nest Dolls DT

creative lady said...

Nice card. Thanks for sharing with us at Mema's crafts.

creative lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.