Monday, June 8, 2015

3rd Watercolor Card

watercolor.bloghop

Here's the 3rd card:



For this third card, I again broke out the Gelatos. This time I colored right onto the watercolor paper. I then used my foam brush and finger to wet and blend. I went over it multiple times to get to where I was somewhat satisfied. I then stamped the bird onto white cardstock and used a nib to color it with Distress Inks stamped onto my craft mat and sprayed with water. I used my Wink of Stella Clear and Pink Glitter pens on the flowers, leaves, and parts of the bird and dotted the bird’s eye with Inkssentials White Enamel Accents. I fussy cut the image and mounted it with foam tape.

My granddaughter (who is 5) wanted to put a cloud in the sky and she wanted to put it right in the middle of the top. To do that and still have room for a sentiment, I stamped the sentiment onto the cloud. It was too white so I took my Wild Honey sponge dauber and inked the edges to tone it down. Wink of Stella gave it a bit of sparkle. It too is popped up with foam tape. I added pearls to the corners because I thought the top was too bare.

Now for the inside. Do not make the colossal mistake that I did. I don’t think I’ve ever done this before. I stamped the sentiment UPSIDE DOWN!!  OHHH NOOO!!! I had this card almost finishedL. What to do? I was running out of time and didn’t want to redo it. Instead, I cheated. I cut out another piece of 4 ¼ x 5 ½ cardstock, redid the background and mounted it over the mistake. It doesn’t look as good, but it isn’t bad. If I wouldn’t have told you, you would never have known. I used just one Gelato to do the inside color block. The sentiment is another one from ODBD. I colored the flowers with my Worn Lipstick Distress Marker. I then took a wet foam brush and wet them. I did them one at a time. I put it onto my tea towel (the same kind Tim Holtz uses) and blotted it to take some of the ink off. Then I flicked Picked Raspberry and dried them with the heat tool and attached them to the card with Glossy Accents. I put a bubblegum sprinkle in the center of each one.

Recipe:
White cardstock base 8 ½ x 5 ½ folded in half
Watercolor paper 4 ¼ x 5 ½
Gelatoes: Cotton Candy, Boysenberry, Lemon, and Mango
Stampendous Cling Nested Bird Stamp
Outside Sentiment: Pure Innocence You’re so Tweet by My Favorite Things
Inside Sentiment: ODBD Nu. 6
Distress Inks: Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Peeled Paint, and Mowed Lawn, Wild Honey
Color Me Crazy Flower Layers by Petaloo
Cloud dies from the Cloud and Raindrop set by ODBD
Wink of Stella Clear and Pink Glitter brush pens, Black Archival Ink, Doodlebug Design Sprinkles-Bubblegum assortment


Well, this is the last of my watercolor cards. I hope you enjoyed them. I really enjoyed making them. Next Monday it will be time for another challenge over at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. I hope you will check back to see what I create for it:) It's not to late for this time around. Make a masculine card and join us Here,




5 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW,I love your card.Beautiful!!!

D.Ann C said...

Adorable!

Lucy E. said...

So pretty!

Unknown said...

This is such a beautiful card and a gorgeous bird!! Love the shading on the image!!

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Beautiful bird!