Monday, June 15, 2015

LTSCB Challenge 56 Its Anything Goes

It’s time for another great challenge over at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. After the major faux pas with the last challenge, I am going to make sure this one goes live properly. We have a great challenge of “Anything Goes” Everyone always loves these because the sky’s the limit on creative possibilities. The only rule: You must have some kind of stamping on your project! It can be traditional or digital, we don’t care. We just want to see your amazing work! Here are our sponsors:

Prize: $12 gift certificate (equal to 3 images of choice) to the shop at www.adayfordaisies.com

Prize: $10 gift certificate
If it fits, enter your project into their challenge: http://doodlepantryblog.com/

River City Rubber Works
Prize: $25 gift certificate to winner


I have been playing around with some new products and stuff that I’ve had for a really long time. I am working with River City’s Lighthouse. I love this image because it is so versatile. You can use it for men or women and for just about any occasion. I’ve made two cards in the past week using this image. I am just posting my recent one on the challenge blog, but I am including both here for you to see. I made a birthday card and a Father’s day card-both for men. I tried to stay pretty simple in embellishments so that they wouldn’t look to girly. I have been playing around with my new dies from ODBD as well. I really like these dies and used them on both cards. Since there are 2 cards, it is a somewhat lengthy post.

Here’s my Father’s Day Card:




I used for my background ODBD die Sunburst Background CSBD99. This die also embosses, but instead of embossing with my vagabond I used the die as a stencil. I ran it through the Vagabond to cut it out and then I chalked the exposed places and covered them with embossing paste. I needed a bigger palate knife or something because I had a hard time covering the whole image. I was surprised that the paste was still usable. I have had it for over 5 years. I was hoping it would dry clear so that the chalk would be visible, but it was a pearl finish. I sprinkled translucent glitter over it while it was still wet. After it dried I colored over it with a copic marker to make it more yellow. Then I traced the inside of another ODBD die onto my image and fussy cut it. I wanted the shape of the die but wanted to leave the top of the lighthouse open. After I got it finished I realized that I could have cut the image with the die and then printed a second one and cut out the lighthouse to mount over it. I could have even popped it up for some dimension. Oh well, maybe next time. The die used was from the ODBD Antique Labels and Border CSBD26 set. The image is colored with copics. I made a handcut pennant and used my Gellyroll Clear Stardust pen to make faux stitching. The cloud is another ODBD die called Clouds and raindrops CSBD93. The waves were made with a punch from Tonic Studios called Waves (easy enough to remember right?). It works with their border system, but I usually use them without it. Both sentiments are from the ODBD set called Good Man. I also used the gelly roll pen to glitter the waves, lighthouse, and cloud. This card has a lot of sparkle but, unfortunately, you can't see it in the photos

Here’s the birthday card:





I was dabbling in watercolor techniques so this image is colored with Inktense pencils using a foam brush to spread the colors of the sky and a paintbrush to do the other parts. I was going for a colorful sunset type sky. No textured background, but I still used the Antique Labels die and Waves border punch. This time I added a piece of burlay ribbon and mounted some sea embellies that I made with my Mod Podge Mod Melts and mold. The melts are white (they come in different colors) so I gave them some color with the inktense pencils and paintbrush. I added pearl beads also for a little glitz since some oysters live in the ocean. I was in a hurry on it so I don’t think I decorated the inside since I didn’t take a picture of it. I put a little drop of yellow stickles in the lighthouses of both cards. This birthday sentiment came the Scrapbook Queen.

That’s it for my post. I hope you’ll head over to the LTSCB to check out the rest of the DTs amazing talent and join us for “Anything Goes”. Click the link on the sidebar. You have 2 weeks to enter. Good Luck and God Bless.







4 comments:

CraftyTime4U said...

Very nice cards Annette! Lots of beautiful details and gorgeous sentiments!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful! Lots of work went into these cards. I love the watercolor background.

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful scene card you have created.

Heather said...

Two fabulous masculine cards. I really, really, really like the embossed sun background!