Monday, June 8, 2015

Pretty Pink Posh Watercolor Blog Hop

watercolor.bloghop


Hi everybody. I’ve got some cards to share for this fantastic blog hop that I came across and decided to  try to enter. It’s the Pretty Pink PoshWatercolor Blog Hop. I saw some fantastic cards and great techniques. I just happened to need 3 watercolor cards for Card Club tomorrow night so it was a really convenient that I saw this on MarkerPop’s blog. They are one of the sponsors and some of their DT made excellent cards. I am going to do 3 different posts using 3 different techniques so I hope you will check them all out.
Here is my first card. It was inspired by a card I saw on the blog hop made by Donna Mikasa:






I do not have the Zig Kuretake Clean Color Brush markers that she used and I have no idea how she made her background, but I think it is fabulous. I tried to imitate it using Gelatos mixed with water. I did not even come close, but I like this too. I colored on an acrylic stamp block and sprayed it with water. The first time I tried to mix everything I ended up with a lot of brown mud. I wiped it off and tried again. This time I used my finger and did very little blending. I then smooshed it onto watercolor paper that I cut the same size as my A2 card base. I didn’t like how it turned out so I took one of the sponges that came with the gelatos and wet it. Then I ran it over the gelatoes a color at a time and sponged it over the original colors to blend and soften. It looked better.
My butterfly is cut out of a Monster Energy Drink Can. I don’t agree with drinking energy drinks but the cans are pretty. I tell my son to save the cans for me. The white cans are textured and have a background design.
I stamped my sentiment with Archival Ink.

The inside was done just using the sponge and gelatos.

I stamped my sentiment with Archival Ink.
The inside was done just using the sponge and gelatos. It gave a softer, more muted look.
Recipe:
White cardstock 8 ½ x 5 ½ folded in half for base
Watercolor paper 4 ¼ x 5 ½
Gelatos: Cotton Candy, Lemon, Tangerine, Grape
Dew Drops colored with Copics
Butterfly Die DCN016 by Ellentina Cutting Dies (comes in a set with DCN016A)
Outside sentiment Altenew Quilled Elegance set
Inside sentiment: Stampin’ Up (Old set not sure of name)

I am entering this in the Pretty Pink Posh Watercolor Blog Hop Here

3 comments:

D.Ann C said...

Lovely inside and out!

Kris said...

Such soft and graceful looking colors that fit perfectly with the butterfly!

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

lovely colors