Monday, June 8, 2015

Watercolor Card #2 for the Watercolor Blog Hop

watercolor.bloghop

This is my second card for the blog hop. 





The first thing I did was stamp my “Hello” with Versamark and emboss it with white embossing powder. Then I did the background using Distress Inks Picked Raspberry, Broken China, Dusty Concorde, Mowed Lawn, and Wild Honey. I stamped them onto my craft mat and sprayed them with water to make a wash. Then, using a wet foam brush, I applied each color. I rinsed my brush out every time. I wiped off the image with a paper towel and dried it with the heat tool. I applied clear Dew Drops and applied them to the front. I applied Shabby White Frantage to the corners.
For the inside I did the same technique only I applied it a little differently. I do not have very many friendship stamps to put on the inside of my cards. I got some brand new stamps and dies from Our Daily Bread Designs. I decided to use one of the sayings from the June release called Sunshine Blessings so I added the sun that came in the set also. I forgot to use Archival Ink and accidently used Momento Black to stamp the sun. When I colored it with the wet foam brush mixed with Wild Honey it faded a little. I refreshed the lines and face with a black Glaze pen and cut it out with scissors.
                                                                                
White cardstock base 8 ½ x 5 ½
Watercolor cardstock 4 ¼ x 5 ½
“Hello” from Altenew Quilled Elegance set
Inside sentiment and sun from ODBD Sunshine Blessings set
Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Dusty Concorde, Wild Honey, and Mowed Lawn
Shabby White Frantage

Dew Drops
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter brush pen (on the sun)

This is going into the Pretty Pink Posh Blog Hop contest as well.

3 comments:

D.Ann C said...

So pretty!

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

Love the 'hello' stamp! Beautiful background

Unknown said...

Hi Annette,

Love your water coloring! I am so drawn to watercolor, but am so afraid to do it. Abstract and loose design looks so amazing when others do it...lol

Thanks for the inspiration!
Tammy