Sunday, October 12, 2014

October Mingles Card

This is the card that I made for the October Mingles over at the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group. The theme was Christmas or non-traditional Christmas colors.









I used the sketch for this week’s Mojo Monday challenge. I don't know what the image is. I received her as a RAK. I colored her with copics and used snow-tex on the fir of her coat and hat. I chose to make an easel card this time around. The paper used is from an old Christmas stack that I have had for years. I really need to use my old paper. My paper supply keeps piling up and I really need to thin it down. The red piece of cardstock was ran through a snowflake embossing folder. I then lightly ran a white inkpad over the raised surfaces to highlight the snowflakes. The green pieces of DP were inked on the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink to make them stand out more against each other. The snowflake on the inside and the hidden tag were made using the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. I gave the snowflake a light coat of crystal 3D laquer and sprinkled it with micro fine glitter. I then covered it with a thick coat of laquer for dimension so that it would look like an epoxy sticker. I tried using a border punch, but it didn’t work out as well as I’d hoped. I used snowflakes to cover up my goofs. That’s the nice thing about embellies-you can put them wherever you need themJ.

I am entering the following challenge:


http://marvelousmagnoliachallenge.blogspot.com/ For a Friend (I hope this counts since I am sending it to a friend)
http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ Christmas in October

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beaautiful card ......
Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia Challenge .

Hugs,
Yanti

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Marvelous Magnolia!

Hugs Tanja

NPurdum56 said...

Such a pretty card! Nancee :)

Shuly said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!