Monday, October 6, 2014

Illness Survival Kit LTSCB #39

Welcome to another “Anything Goes” Challenge at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. Remember though, for this challenge you cannot use digital images, only rubber, clear, or cling stamps. Our sponsor for this round is Taylored Expressions. They are giving a Petite stamp set of choice to the winner.
 Taylored Expressions
They graciously provided a petite stamp set to each DT member to use. I was so excited to see this set. It’s called Moka Melissa. I have an Aunt who is a nurse. She recently underwent a stem cell transplant and has been in the hospital for 3 weeks. I thought this set would be perfect for a get well card. I also have a niece who just finished up her LPN training. This image will be perfect for a congratulations card.

When I went to start this project, the intent was to make a “Get Well” card for my aunt. She still has a long road to recovery. This set has a tissue box on it, which got me to thinking about tissue boxes. I thought, “It would be kind of cool if I could make a box for those purse-sized tissue packets.” I got on You tube and found a tutorial. I had a hard time following it and scored my first attempt incorrectly. I got my box put together and decided that I could modify it a little. The original box called for an 8 ½ x 12 inch piece of cardstock. After seeing how it went together, I made another one with a regular 8 ½ x 11 inch piece.

As I made the tissue box, I got the idea to make an “Illness Survival Kit”. I had one of those clear pails that you buy in a craft store and decided to decorate it. I am not sure what all I am going to put into it besides the tissue box-probably some tea bags, maybe a pocket word search if I can find one. Let me know if you have any ideas-it won’t hold a lot though. It isn’t very big. The tissue box is almost too tall.
Here is my attempt at another new-to-me project:





                                      










Here is a picture of the tissue box after it is scored and cut and another one after it is put together. My second one turned out way better than my first.





Supplies used:
Cardstock: Core’dinations Pearls Baby Pink Pearl and Scarlet Pearl
DP: DCWV Mariposa Mat Stack
Stamps: Moka Melissa Petite Stamp Set by Taylored Expressions and Get Well stamp from Stampin’
                Up
Punches: Martha Stewart “Frond”, Fiskars Mini Flower, and larger flower by unknown company (I
                  don’t have the package anymore)
Dies: Spellbinders Floral Ovals and Tear Drop Circles; Magnolia Tilda Lace Die, Tim Holtz
          Movers and Shapers Tag, and Cricut Plantin Schoolbook cartridge “Tag 1” cut at 4”
Misc: Lace, Rhinestones, Perfect Pearls, Wink of Stella Glitter Pens, Velcro
Ink: Versamark, Momento Black, Stazon Black (used on the pearls cardstock only)

I was able to incorporate every stamp on this set into this project. Another first for me. I love this stamp set. Visit the site using the above link to check out all of the great stamps that they offer!

I think that this will be more fun to receive than just a card. I like trying new things and am always grateful when they turn out fairly well. I hope you’ll join our Anything Goes challenge. As always, click the picture on the sidebar to go to the site. You have until Oct. 19th to enter.

I am entering the following challenges:
http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything Goes
http://crafting-with-dragonflies.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything Goes




13 comments:

brenda said...

What a wonderfully imaginative creation Annette.

B x

Michelle said...

This is so clever. Beautifully put together as well. Great use with the stamp set. Michelle x

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Annette, thank you for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comment. The banner I used on the wine tag is from La-la land crafts. Hugs Suzi

Jacquel said...

What a great gift set Annette & I'm sure she's going to love it! I really like how you decorated the pail....it's really cute!
DT Sis Jackie

Debbie Adams said...

Lovely gift for your Aunt, she will be happy to receive both of these wonderful creations. :D You did a wonderful job on the tissue box. :D Great stamp set from TE.
Thank you for having me as a GD this month.
Deborah GD for October

Susan Hogan said...

Such a fun collection! Great images used as well. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

Wynn said...

What a delightful and thoughtful idea. I'm sure anyone would love to receive this. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

Karen McAlpine said...

This is so cute and a very thoughtful idea!! Maybe you could put some of those Recola lozenges or a Vit c lozenges --something like that. Very cute stamp!!

Leslie said...

Annette, you've outdone yourself with this gift set! It's phenomenal! You've gone that extra mile for your Aunt and I know she's going to love it! I love it!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

Sara S. said...

Lovely creations. Such a clever idea as a "get well" gift too. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at 613 Avenue Create!

stefali said...

what an awesome kit!! well done :) Glad to be GDT this month with love to Scrap :) Steph www.cardmakingpassion.com

Shuly said...

hahahahhahahahahaha such a brilliant idea!!! and a project like that cheers you up when you're ill so that's half way to being cured, that is! excellent dr Annette! ^^

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Wow! You really out did yourself with this challenge! This is a cute idea for a sick friend. Just adorable and well designed.

Maybe some coughdrops, little Viks rub and I like the idea of a pocket game search.