Monday, October 20, 2014

Halloween Tags

Hi all. I got a couple of freebies that go with Halloween challenges. I'm not much into Halloween and don't need cards, so I decided to do a couple of tags that I can later use as scrapbook embellishments. The first one uses Lacy Sunshine's Eleanor and Pickles Ve Vant Candy. They are a very cute duo. I inked my tag with distress inks and stains, sprayed it with homemade glimmer mist (perfect pearls mixed with water), and started stamping. Here is what I came up with:




I popped my digi up with foam tape. She is colored with Inktense Water Color pencils. I added some bling to her glasses and put Crystal 3D Lacquer on the lenses to make it look glassy. I did the same thing to two of the potion bottles and the fly's wings.

Stamps used: Studio 490 Art Gone Postal set (mesh background although not very visible) and Art Rules (Head); Tim Holtz wood mounted collage stamp (I don't know what it is called) and sentiment set (trick or treat), Studio 112 Clear mini stamps (bottle, frog, fly)

I did not use the whole collage stamp. I just want the 13 and the crows and some background. I did not get enough ink on the crows evidently because they don't show up at all.

I used a Tim Holtz charm fragment and put embossing glitter on the back of it. I then stamped a 31 using Black StazOn. I went over it with black soot distress marker because it just wasn't dark enough. I pinned it to the ribbon using a trinket pin from Tim Holtz. 

It is being entered into the following challenge:
http://lacysunshinechallengeblog.blogspot.com/ Halloween
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges Anything goes with ribbon or trim
http://drsdesignsblog.blogspot.com/ Fall color challenge
http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Challenge Fall/Autumn
http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/october-2014-challenge-halloween.html Halloween
http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.fr/ Halloween

My next tag uses the freebie from Sherry Balding found Here. She is called Nellies Pumpkin and is colored again with Inktense pencils. The challenge at My Besties Challenge blog is Bling it up. My foundation is still done using just the distress inks and spray. I didn't use so many background stamps though. I gave this one a different twist, hand-drawing a spiderweb then using Inkssentials Enamel Accents to make it pop. Here it is:


 

The spider is made using a button and jute twine. I threaded the twine through the buttons holes so they wouldn't show. I then hotglued the other legs onto the back. His eyes are made with the Inkssentials Enamel Accents. I think he's cute for a spider. I added a fly from the above stamp set. The bat is a freebie over at Scribbles Designs found Here. I colored him with Wink of Stella Glitter Pens. I liked the 31 on the first tag, so added it here doing the same technique. This time though I put it on the tag with a Tim Holtz memo pin. I also added a small piece of Tim Holtz Tissue Tape and part of a bling swirl from Want 2 Scrap (I cut it in half). A Tim Holtz reinforcer in on the hole of the tag. I also used stickles for extra bling.

I used Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon on both tags, inking them up with distress stains on the top tag and inks sprayed with water on the second tag. I then crinkled them into balls and dried them with the heat tool. I don't think they turned out too badly.

The second tag is going into the following challenge:
http://mybestiesuk.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes and Pencil Coloring
http://mybestienorge.blogspot.com/ Halloween using green, black, purple, or orange as a main color
http://mybestiesaussiechallenge.blogspot.com/ Anything goes with a bestie
http://tuesdaytaggers.blogspot.com  Spooky (I think that the darker colors and creatures make this tag a little spookier than the other one)

23 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

A lovely tag! Awesome coloring of the lacy sunshine image! Thanks for joining our Halloween challenge with Lacy Sunshine Stamps.
hugs
Marilyn DT

Unknown said...

lovely bestie thanks for joining us at besties uk - Carol UK DT x

Tina said...

What a great idea.. Using them on later projects.. :D love those cute tags you made!

Good luck in the hallenge

Hugs from Dt member Tina-Mari at My Bestie Norway

Janett said...

What fun tags, and thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

chrissie said...

Both terrific tags and thank you for sharing the purple one with us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie x

coldwaters2 said...

What a brilliant idea I am not a lover of Halloween but never thought of making a tag, you have designed it beautifully love the image and the gorgeous black gems a super make, thank you for joining us at My Besties International.
hugs
lorraine x

Karin said...

The background on your orange tag looks amazing and I love the little #31 embellishment! Thanks for playing along at DRS Designs!

Rita said...

Very nice, thanks for playing a long with us at My besties Norway challenge blog :) Hugs Rita, DT

*Vicki* said...

Really adorable tags!! I just love your use of the colors on the top tag!! So fun for Fall! :) Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Collette said...

What a wonderful idea ... if you don't use it for scrapbooking, you could also send something this size as "happy mail" ... Wonderfully done. Thanks for sharing with us at Bearly Mine Designs' October Halloween challenge

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous I like your design, Thanks for playing along with us at My Besties UK , Good Luck
Kevin xx

Chris said...

Fabulous tags...a great idea for using those Halloween digis! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Maureen R said...

Really cute Halloween tag. Thanks for joining us at My Besties International. Good luck.
Maureen DT

Chrissy said...

Fabulous Halloween tag Annette..both of them.Love the backgrounds and fabulous colouring on your images.
Thanks so much for joining in with us at Lacy Sunshine..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Fabulous Halloween tags!

Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin' Challenge!

sammi said...

Awesome tags! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Halloween" challenge at Lacy Sunshine. We're so happy you joined us! Please visit us, again! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member for Lacy Sunshine.

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wow, Annette, she is so cute and i love the sparkle! Thank you for entering our challenge at My Besties International. Our new challenge begins on Monday!

Evil Edna said...

love the details, esp the weenie little bat, thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

Karin said...

Beautiful tags!
Thanks for joining us at My Besties Aussie Challenge. Hugs Karin

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What gorgeous Halloween tags you have made here. It fits our challenge this month well of “Halloween”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)

Bonnie Garby said...

Fun tags! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

JayBe said...

Love your pencil coloured 'Bestie' - thanx for playing along at My Besties UK.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Karen Letchworth said...

THanks for sharing your great cute and spooky ooky projects with us!
Blessings,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon