Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A Busy Weekend

I was thinking about this post yesterday and I realized how busy March is going to be in the way of all the projects I need to do. Since I work 35 hours a week and babysit my granddaughter at least one evening (along with everything else on my agenda), I usually only have time for projects on the weekends. When I thought of all the birthday, Easter, and challenge projects that I want to do, all I could say to myself was "Wow! How am I going to get it all done?" Housework suffers terribly. This weekend for example, I made a birthday card for my daughter, a get well card for a coworker's husband who suffered a heart attack, and a 6X6 canvas as a door prize for a dinner that our church put on. I tried to do it all on Saturday because I had the church dinner Saturday night and my niece's birthday party on Sunday as well as church services Sunday morning and night. Thankfully, I already did Alexandra's card in Feb. when I mass produced.Here are the pics of everything.


 

This is the card that I made for my daughter. She is 24 today. Happy birthday Alia! This is an easel card. I wanted to make a pop up card, but really did not know how to do it. If you follow my blog regularly, you see me complain about dial up internet. It really limits what you can do. I cannot just go onto YouTube and watch a tutorial. I cannot load any kind of video at all. I really had to think about how to make my little cat image (which was a free coloring page image) pop up when I set up the card. I finally decided to attach a piece of ribbon to the back of the cat and the back of the card front. I never did get it placed correctly, but it did make the image stand up. For some reason, the card front did not want to catch on the inside layers so that it would stand. I had to put a tag in there to hold it up. I used my new Tilda lace die from Magnolia for the first time. I really like it and will probably use it a lot. I made my own "Washi" tape by using Scor Tape and tissue paper. I put the tissue paper onto the tape, then inked and stamped it. The striped tape was made by using a ticking background stamp by Just Right. You can't see it, but I used glossy accents on the cat's glasses to make it look like glass. I added yellow stickles to the little cat's hat and the ribbon on the box, also some to the stripes on the hat box. I put little drops of stickles on the punched sentiment. A rhinestone flower on the tag also adds some bling even though you can barely see it here.
I am entering the following challenge:
http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.com.au/  Use ribbon and bling
http://theprettylittleribbonshop.blogspot.com.au/  Happy Birthday
http://craftyribbonschallenge.blogspot.com.au/  Anything goes with Ribbon
http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.com/       Fur or Feathers




This is the CAS card that I made for my coworker's husband. This is for the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog's challenge All About Boys. I used Soccer Edwin with the goal background stamp. I colored Edwin with copics and the background with Prisma colored pencils and gamisol (thank Heaven I found it). Silver stickles is on the goal posts. I used a fine tip marker and extended the lines and drew in more "clouds" to cover the card. I printed the sentiment on the computer and hand drew the cloud around it. Copic grays give some highlight. I glued paper to the back of the button and used a copic to color the jute twine. The grass was cut out using my Sportsmania cricut cartridge. I am entering the following challenge:
http://magnolia-liciouschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/all-about-boys-challenge.html
http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com/   Something for a boy


This is the canvas. Believe it or not, it was the quickest and easiest to do. It only took me about as hour. I used Tim Holtz music tissue paper and his Reindeer Flight stamp set. The stamping was done in black Staz-on and the coloring was done with distress ink. Stickles and rhinestones add glitter and shine.

7 comments:

Eulanda said...

I'm the same as you and work the same hours during the week so only have weekends as well. I do color at night during the week and it helps but still it's a lot isn't it? You've done amazing with everything!! I like how you added the silver Stickles to Edwin's goal posts. Creative! Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps challenge and hope to see you back!
Hugs,
Eulanda
Magnolia-licious Designer

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Annette, both of them are fabulous :-)

thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

please consider turning off word verification x

Stampin Mindy said...

How cute is this. One of my favorite Edwins.

Thanks for joining us at
Magnolia-licious this week.

Hugs, Mindy

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Cute, cute, cute. Thanks for sharing:)

brenda said...

A really lovely card Annette and great canvas, thank you so much sharing with us Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

B x

I have a celebration with lots of prizes and it would be wonderful if you have time to create something to join in, you can check out what to do here

NPurdum56 said...

Cute card! :) Nancee

mae said...

beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Stamp and Create Challenge this month.
xx,
Mae