Saturday, March 30, 2013

CDAC teams up with Petaloo

Crafters Digital Art Center (CDAC) has decided to team up with Petaloo flowers to host a contest with some great prizes. You can see my earlier post for details. I almost forgot that tomorrow is the last day to enter, so this morning I put together this card.



 
The dragonfly is a digital download from Priscilla Heaton, one of the creators of CDAC. One of the contest entries required you to purchase a download from her store, Pattie's Creations, or Nana Vic. Nana Vic has some really great sentiments and digital stamps that I would like to get later, but for now I really liked this dragonfly. I printed him on a transparency, then covered the underside with PK Glitz wonderfilm. I then used PK Glitz Glitter Glitz in colors Azure, Violet, and Sunset. The antenna, eyes, and legs were done using a coating of glossy accents. I mixed Tim Holtz Rock Candy glitter with Pitch Black alcohol ink to make black glitter which I then put over the glossy accents.
 
The flowers are from Petaloo and are called Floral Embellishments. These particular ones came from the Chantilly Collection I think. The sentiment is from Stampabilities and is stamped with Versamark. I covered it with PK Glitz Stardust in the color Violet. I also sprinkled a little extra Violet Glitter Glitz over it before I set it because I didn't think it had enough color.
 
I am entering it into two of CDAC Challenges:
http://priscillastyles.ning.com/ Petaloo Flower Contest Challenge
http://priscillastyles.ning.com/ Digi Image Challenge Contest.

3 comments:

Lynnel Lynch said...

WOW..this is beautiful and very creative. Your dragonfly is exquisite. And of course the Petaloo flowers are a perfect touch. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
Lynnel,
CDAC DT Member

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful!!
Happy Easter
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Sandra DeFalco said...

Wow Annette! Amazing work with Priscilla's dragonfly!!
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PETALOO EASTER/SPRING CHALLENGE
Sandi ♥ Member of the CDAC DT