Thursday, March 7, 2013

Keianna's Birthday Card

Have you ever had the feeling that God gave you an idea for a particular creation at a particular time? That is how I feel in regards to this card. I give the credit to God for the design and most of the color choices for this card. My granddaughter turns 3 tomorrow. For a week now I have been trying to get this card made. As I worked this past weekend on my other projects, I kept thinking about how I wanted to do a card for her with a number 3. I bought Tilda with Blue Blanket because she looks so much like Keianna. Keianna always carries a red fleece blanket around. She calles it "Loo". She started with a Winnie the Pooh crib blanket, but outgrew it. When she gets tired she sucks her thumb. This image is perfect for her. I knew the blanket in the image would be red. But I didn't really know what else to do. The blanket was colored and then it sat for a couple days. I got it back out and decided to offset the red with yellow. I wanted a cheery look. Ideas are running through my head when low and behold I stumbled onto some bloghops with challenges that are perfect for my card.

The first one was from Cupcake Inspirations. They have a blog hop and challenge ending at noon on March 9th celebrating their 200th challenge. We were to pick one of the past challenges and create a project. Here is the cupcake picture that I chose. It is challenge #4.

 
The coloring went along with what I had in mind and I had a heart doily that I could use. I just included some hearts in different colors to my card.
 
Then yesterday I stumbled onto another blog hop and challenge at Ladybug Crafts. They have a new set of digis that they are releasing along with the challenge Add A Number. Perfect for the number 3 that I wanted to include.
 
Finally I was checking the blog candy giveaways that I have in my sidebar. I visited Floral Fantasies and saw that her picture was red poppies with a red and yellow butterfly. She is having a 4000 follower giveaway to those who follow her blog and are inspired by her creativity. She does beautiful things with flowers. We are supposed to create a project and explain what in her blog inspires us. I love her work. She uses flowers on everything and I love to use flowers too. I just don't use them as often as I would like since I don't have a very big stash. The red and yellow made me feel that I should participate, so I added the flowers in those colors to my card.
 
Keianne, like all little kids, loves pull tags and flap books, and pop-up books. I figured that she would like a tag to pull out of her card. I am not please with it, but I just couldn't figure out what to do with it. And finally, I was looking at someone's blog (I don't remember who) and saw that she had beautifully decorated the inside of the card I was looking at. I never think to do that, but it allowed me to remember to do it to this card.
 
Here are some pics of Keianna:
 


I wish I had a picture of her with her blanket, but I don't (at least not on my camera). Now here is my card:
 




All of the inside elements except flowers and sentiment, as well as the tag, were done using the Art Philosophy cricut cartridgs. The solid red piece is the insides of the the red frame on the green cutout. The scallop circle is a die from Life Style Crafts. The green cardstock is from Color Cor'dinations. The image is from from Magnolia Stamps. The leaf die is also from Magnolia. I think it is called Heart Swirl. The paper heart doily is sprayed with Ritzy Ditz by PK Glitz. The flowers, image, and random hearts are colored with copics. I also used different Stickles. I didn't like the whiteness of the circle, so I used a light pink glitter chalk to tone down the brightness. The dots around the heart cutout on the tag are done using a white pearl pen. I also used it to dot the i's in the sentiment (which came from the Scrapbooking Queen).
 
Here are the links to the challenges:
 
Thanks for stopping by. I hope to have another card tomorrow that I need to make for the Magnolia-licious Mingle.

12 comments:

Whimsey said...

Too cute; LOVE that tag!! Great colors!

Thanks for joining us at LCI this week!

~Michele

brenda said...

I am sure Keianna will adore the card you have made for her and I think you are right that the hidden tag will appeal to her.

Your card is beautifully bright and sunny and reflects my love of colours and flowers perfectly.

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to join in my blog celebration.

B x

Rene said...

So sweet! She is gorgeous (and the card is great too, lol!)!
Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcakes for our 200th challenge! Good luck!
Rene :D

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Adorable little girl. Great card too:) Thanks for sharing:)

cabio's craft corner said...

Darling and bright coloring. Adorable colored Tilda and the flowers are awesome too :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

loz said...

Gorgeous card and Beautiful pictures Annette..Loz

Unknown said...

This card is fantasstic, I love the colours that you used. Wow lovely cupcakes. Happy birthday to keianna.
Francy

D said...

What a little cutie!! Your card is beautiful. The image is perfect for a three yr old bday card :)

Crealin said...

Hi Annette,

what a beautiful card you've made!


Thanks for joining in the fun at simply magnolia.

Hugs,

Lins

Maris said...

lovely card you made, thanks for joining in at YMAM

Diane's Card Designs said...

Adorable image which you have coloured beautifully. The heart doiley looks lovely behind the image. Beautiful flowers and colours. Thanks for joining us at LCI Challenge this fortnight.
Diane xx

NPurdum56 said...

Adorable card. :) Nancee