Saturday, March 9, 2013

Erin, Go Bragh


I have no idea what that means, but it is on one of the elements of this card. I am participating in my first Magnolia-licious Mingle. The theme was St. Patrick's Day or use green. I did both as you can see.


This was such a fun card to do. In visiting a blog I discovered from her that Gina's Designs was giving away St. Patrick's Day freebies. I hopped right over and downloaded mine. I used several of them on this card. The sketch is from this week's Mojo Monday challenge. There are also some other challenges that I have discovered for this card as well. Here are some close ups so you can see the great elements.




Now the inside of the card:

 






 Nearly of the elements I used came from Gina: The music background (which is Oh Danny Boy), the tickets, and the large,inside picture. I printed another music background in order to cut out the shamrocks at the top. The die and Tilda covered some of it up and I wanted it to be more visible. I popped it up with foam tape and then used stickles to make it shine. The picture and the tickets have some wonderful sayings. I wish you could see them. The letter on the big pic is especially nice.

The die is from Lifestyle Crafts and the digi image on it is another freebie that I got a couple of months ago from Avadare's challenge blog. In visiting their blog site, I discovered that this month will be their final challenge as they are moving on to different things. I want to participate, so I will have to hurry. Their new challenge is Easter or Spring and ends the 21st. They have a new freebie to grab also. I colored the image with copics and layered Tilda with Lovely Lace Shoes and the pot of gold. I put a shamrock bouquet against Tilda. The hat, pot, and bouquet came from a web site called Clipartof.com.

I am entering the following challenges:
http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/  Sketch challenge #283
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2013/03/simon-says-bit-o-green.html
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges   Show me the green and ribbon
http://tildastown.wordpress.com/      Anything Seasonal
http://marvelousmagnoliachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/    Anything goes
http://stampandcreatewithmagnolia.blogspot.com/2013/03/challenge-4-spring-with-pastel-colors.html

9 comments:

Jenée said...

It means "Ireland Forever" or literally "May I stay in Ireland forever." It is a slogan that was used by the Irish Patriot Party back in the 1700's. Brach is translated to mean "for ever" or "eternal."

Your card is a lovely tribute to the Emerald Isle with the various symbols of good fortune. Well done.

Gina's Cards said...

Wow what a lovely card, thank you for joining us at the Marvelous Magnolia challenge, good luck and I hope you will join us again in this weeks challenge.

Christa said...

A very beautiful spring-feeling card you have made for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town this week. Christa.

Laurian said...

What a cute St Patricks Day card Annette! I love all your irishe elements and you've done a great job with the Tilda!

Hugs

Laurian

Mandy said...

Wonderful card Annette, so many fab details to look at and little Tilda looks adorable with her hat on.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Cheryl Walker said...

Super cute!!! I love all the green! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbons Challenge this week!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

lovingrammahood said...

My goodness, you have done the Irish proud my dear. Your images are perfect and of course the DP's and coloring are wonderful.
Donna

Tina Makuc said...

Great card Annette!!
All the small details are just perfect for the whole theme..
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town Challenges!!
Hugs, Tina

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous card. I love your coloring and all of the great details. Thank you for playing along with the Stamp and Create with Magnolia Spring with Pastel challenge. We have another one starting today - Spring with New Life (Easter or New Baby). We hope you will play along again soon!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
Stamp and Create with Magnolia