Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring Smiles



To those of you who checked this out before I got to the actual blogging, I apologize for only having the picture and the links. I only have dial up and it is very difficult to even do any of this. I am at the mercy of the public library and my church secretary when it comes to uploading things. I had to very quickly upload the picture and links at church and then come home and finish the blog. I also have to apologize to Diana Larson and Creative Time for Me for not following their challenge to the letter with this picture. In my haste, I forgot to add a bow and to not use my cricut. So to fix that I will be posting pictures tomorrow night after work to remedy that. Hopefully it will not be too late.

Spring is in the air and at Deep Ocean they had a Spring challenge. I love this color combo. I think it fits into the spring theme. The cardstock is just some I had on hand. I cut the ovals out of the yellow and green  using my Creative Memories cutting system. I used scallop-edged decorative scissors around the green frame. The flowers I colored using Copic Markers. I tried a technique using an aquabrush filled with alcohol to "wash" out the color, but it didn't work very well on this brand of flower. It worked a little though on the green ones. The sentiment and watering can are from a poly clear stamp set from Hero Arts that also includes an adorable girl with rubber boots, flowers, grass, and a spade. The butterflies I made from a precut set sold by PK Glitz. They are made out of their double-sided wonderfilm. I peeled off one layer, covered it with PK Glitz embossing glitter and heat set it. The first sentiment is cut out using the Lacy Labels Cricut cartridge. But then I remembered that Creative Time for Me's challenge was to go Cricutless. I had to take that sentiment off and use something else. I got out a scallop punch and made a new one that you can see in the third photo. Rhinestones add to the sparkle. Finally, the digi image used is from a CDAC progressive challenge. She is called Miss Beth and is compliments of Back to Paper. I added a bow to her hair in the second image for Diana Larson's challenge: Layers, Bows, and Bling.

Have a good week! Here are the challenges that I entered:


http://diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-54-try-this-recipe.html

11 comments:

Cassandra said...

Cute...love the pretty flowers & butterflies! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

~ Cassandra

Dawn said...

Sweet card. Yellow and blue is one of my favorite color combos.

Dawn
DeeGeeScraps

Darlene said...

FABULOUS ... love your colors and composition! Such a happy, spring creation! Thanks so much for joining in the progressive challenge fun at CDAC!
Darlene - CDAC Board/Team Member

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the pretty colors and the image is so sweet!! What a fabulous card!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Candy said...

Pretty card! Love the butterflies and that image is so cute!
Thanks for playing along with the Die Cuttin' Divas this week.
Candy
candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

Jen Leeflang said...

This is SO pretty! I love the colours! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
Love Jen Leeflang
CDACPC DT Lead Team B

Ellen Jarvis said...

This is such a sweet card, Annette!! I love the colors and dimension you've given it.

By the way, you've won my Dr. Seuss RED FISH and bookmark prize on my blog. Please send me your postal address! ♥

Fondly,
Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

Franz♥ said...

Lovely creation Annette, thanks for sharing it with us at Deep Ocean this fortnight.

Hugs, Franz.

Sharon said...

This is so very pretty! Love the colors!! Thank you so very much for joining The Scrapbooking Queen's Royal Digi Challenge!!!! :)

Karen said...

Thank you very much for the sweet comment... it meant SO much to me! I'm still smiling! :o) This card is like a burst of sunshine! I love the beautiful colors, the sparkly butterflies, and the sweet bow you placed in her hair. :o) Wonderfully done, my new friend! I am thrilled to be your newest follower. :o)

Hugs and blessings!
http://kaleidoscopicsparkles.blogspot.com

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So delightful! I love the colors and your layout too. Thank you for playing the progressive challenge at CDAC.
Hugs,
Georgia
CDAC PC DT