Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Purrrfect Birthday Card

One of the things I like about creating these cards for online challenges is that I can usually create a piece that fits into several challenges at once. When I first saw the digi images from Ann at Peacock Feathers that she had given me for her challenge on CDAC, I wondered what I would do with them. I decided to check my regular blogspots to see what was happening there and the inspirations just kept coming: color schemes, layers, blings, a past sketch that I missed. It all added to up to the following card that I made for my niece's 12th birthday:


Stay tuned for more-I have to leave off here for now. As soon as I get lunch for everyone-as Arnold Swarzenager says-"I'll be back!"
Okay, I'm back. As I was saying earlier, this card fit into several contests. I used dotted Bazzill cardstock and punched holes in the scallops for Diva By Design  Use spots or stripes. The cupcakes were for CTVs birthday card w/ cupcake. The color scheme came from Annabelle Stamps Use Olive, Mustard, and Brown. The layers, bow and bling qualify my card for Diana Larsons Thursday challenge and also Celebrate the Occasions birthday with bling challenge. The green and ribbon are for RRRs challenge. The digi image and green meet the criteria for TSQs challenge. There are a couple more challenges that I can use this for as well-but you get the jist of how I roll when deciding what to make. Thanks to Ann at Peacock Feathers for the cute image! Here are all the challenges that I entered:

15 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is such an adorable card I love the little kitty and all your elements. I just became a follower I hope you will consider following me
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Such a fabulous card! Love your take on the colour inspiration!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

Melissa said...

Nicely done, thanks for joining CCC!

Scrapper69 said...

Adorable card! not a fan of cats... but I wouldn't mind getting a cute card like this! LOL You did a great job with the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cricut Cardz! :o)

Theresa (CCC DT)

Esther said...

Cute card!
I like that you decorated the inside also!
Thanks for joining CTO this week.

Jess said...

Being a huge fan of cats I find that digi image adorable! Love the cupcakes as well! Super cute!

Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

Ellis said...

Wonderful card you've made! =)
Hugs, Elenor

ScrappyRae10 said...

LOL so super cute!!! LOVE LOVE the cat!! Thanks for playing along with CTO!! www.scrappyrae10.blogspot.com

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Love your sentiment with your cute little cat! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Birthday (must use bling)" challenge :)

Andrea said...

So sweet! Love the inner decoration as well!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea

mum of two said...

Your card is so cute. I love the cupcake on the inside. Thanks for playing with us this week at Cricut Cardz Challenges at Cardz TV. Hope you come back and play with us again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is just as sweet as can be! Thanks so much for joining us at AnnaBellle Stamps!

Marion said...

Thanks for playing at AnnaBelle's this week. Your card is purrrfect for our colour challenge!

Kimberly J. said...

Super cute card!! I love the colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Birthday Sundaes Challenges!
Kimberly
Birthday Sundaes DT

Sylvia x said...

Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour Challenges this week with your stunning card, what a great image you have used

Sylvia x