Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Easter Lily Card with variation

Thanks to all who offered their condolences on my last blog on the passing of my father. We are still adjusting and trying to keep mom busy. I was able to do one card. Unfortunately I did not make the deadline for the some of the contests I was going to enter. I did two variations by changing the background paper. The lily is a digi image from Ann Fort of Peacock Feathers. She has a store on Etsy, but I got this image courtesy of her group on CDAC. She wanted to see what kind of Easter creation we could come up with. Here is my card with two different backgrounds:






The crosses came from the cricut cartridge New Testament. This is a great cartridge, but it seems to work better for bigger images. The verse on my card also came from there, but I had to type it on Word and print it because it would not cut well enough on the size that I needed. I tried both 1 3/4 " and 2" and the blade would not cut through and ended up ripping the cardstock. The yellow cardstock is from a 6X6 glitter pack. The ribbon is just some ribbon I bought a long time ago from the local craft store. I have no idea where the gems came from-probably Walmart. I colored the lily using copics. The sketch idea is last weeks challenge from Cardz TV. I didn't make the deadline for that one. I chose the green background because of last week's Die Cutting Diva challenge-missed that one by 2 days:( Oh well. I am entering the following challenges:
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges
http://www.annabellestamps.blogspot.com/2012/03/say-it-inyellow-and-white.html
http://queenofmycraftroom.blogspot.com/2012/03/digi-stamp-challenge.html
http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/

13 comments:

Norma said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate!!
Hugs,
Norma

Jean said...

Great card. Thanks for playing along with us at Decorate to Celebrate.

Sue said...

It gives me great pleasure 2 present u w/the Liebster Blog Award. Liebster" is German for "Dearest". The award is a "Share the love arrangement", given to inspirational bloggers with less that 200 followers.Here's the to do list for any of the Liebster Blog Award recipients. 1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. 2. Link back to the blogger who presented you the award . 3. Copy and paste the award on your blog. 4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers. 5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment on their blog. Thank you for leaving comments on my blog (suescraftymess). I love your beautiful Easter card. I was sorry to hear of your father's passing. My God grant you peace through your endurance of this tragedy. Sue

Rhonda Emery said...

real pretty thank you for joining us at decorate to celebrate.

Creative Diva said...

This is a beautiful card. Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.

Hugs,
Patty
creativediva98.blogspot.com
DTC Guest Designer

Amy said...

Very pretty!! Thanks for playing at Decorate to Celebrate!
:)Amy
Amy's Crafting Space
Decorate To Celebrate Design Team Member

callyannc said...

Really nice! Tfs CallyAnn(new follower)
http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

This is so elegant and beautiful!! Your design is stunning and I love the quote!! What a gorgeous card!! Thanks so much for playing along at Decorate to Celebrate!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Decorate to Celebrate DT

A Consuming Passion said...

Perfect for this weeks challenge at AnnaBelle Stamps! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us this week.

Sue said...

such a beautiful easter card with a fabulous quote! perfect balance of colour, thanks for joining in the fun at AnnaBelle's this week! :)

Andrea said...

Both are just beautiful and perfect for Easter!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea

Jan Hennings said...

An absolutely beautiful Easter card! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon :)

Cheryl Walker said...

very pretty!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon
hugs,
Cheryl