Monday, September 30, 2019

Stamptember with Altenew

I'm back for another Stamptember challenge. This time I am using Altenew products. They recently had a promotion for $50 off of their brush markers. I took advantage of buying the bundle that had all of them in it along with some pallets and brushes. I also order the pan of watercolors. I've been wanting these ever since they came out but couldn't really justify spending the money since I have other brands of markers and paints.

I am not used to using these and am not very good but have made up my mind to use them and practice so that I can keep improving. I tried my hand at no-line watercoloring using the Watercolor 36 Pan Set and the Wallpaper Art stamp and die bundle.  The Sentiment is from the Altenew Dotted Blooms set. There is room for improvement, but considering it was my first time to do it, it could have been worse.

My background was done using Studio Katia's Brushstrokes Waves Stencils and Altenew's Sweet Dreams Mini Cube Set for an ombre effect. After applying the ink, I got out my Altenew Jet Black ink spray and applied some spatters. I then put the stencil back on and applied Faber Castell's Glass Bead Glitter Gel (Check out that sparkle!). I die cut the flowers and applied them to the base. I decided to apply clear Wink of Stella to the leaves and flowers since the background was so sparkly. I cut the panel down to 4x5.25 inches and applied it to a white card base with foam tape.

Here's my card:




And here's the challenge: https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/altenew-stamptember-2019-exclusive-collaboration/

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: