Monday, September 23, 2019

Its Stamptember at Simon Says Stamp

When I saw that it was Stamptember over Simon Says Stamp, I came out of hiding to participate. I ordered some things and got into my stock to come up with this card for the Colorado Craft Company Challenge. All month SSS is collaberating with different companies to release exclusive products available while supplies last. Unfortunately, I could not afford everything at . and some of what I wanted disappeared the first day they went on sale. While I did not buy the exclusive set from 3C, I did buy Lovely Legs Bethlehem's Light and created this card:






I did some ink blending with my new Life Changing Brushes by Picket Fence Studios and Distress Inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Faded Jeans, and Chipped Sapphire on a piece of white cardstock. I took a piece of watercoH
I stamped the star in Antique Linen for placement purposes before I did my ink blending. Afterward I got out my BoBunny Lemonade Glitter Paste and Altenew's Warp Speed Stencil to emulate sparkly rays coming from the star. I stamped the star again with Mustard Seed and a second time with Squeezed Lemonade and fussy cut it. I applied clear Wink of Stella. I wanted more glitter, so I tried my yellow Zig glitter marker. It was still not enough for me, so I took my finger and applied the glitter paste. I cut some foam tape to pop it up off of the card and did the same to my manger. 

I then decided to apply Wink of Stella to the hay, sheep, and blanket. The sentiment is from a Stampin' Up set called Star of Light and is embossed with Hero Arts white embossing powder. When I get the inside finished I will use the other part of the sentiment that says "Became the Light of the World". I then used some White Glimmer Metallic Ink to add some stars in the background. I am new to doing this, so I made some mistakes.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: