Monday, September 30, 2019

Stamptember is at an end

This is the first year I have participated in Stamptember events at Simon Says Stamp. It has been a lot of fun. I should have made a lot more projects, but I have to say that this is most cards I have made in a long time. I have had a lot of fun, but I realized just how out of practice I have become-especially at coloring. I used to be a lot better at shading and blending. Wow, do I need practice.

That being said, please excuse the coloring of these cute images by Studio Katia. I made a shaker card this time using the Seashell Shaker Die. This die cuts 3 layers when you use it. I used the inner-most detail layer inside my window and the out-line detailed layer on the inside of my card. There is also a thin outline of the entire die that I could have used to outline my window (but I didn't think of that until now). I filled the shaker with different things. The pearls and fish bowl beads (what I normally call dew drops) were actually from a slime kit lol. Those pearls are way to pretty for slime! I also added glitter and sequins. After the shaker was assembled, I saw that I didn't add enough stuff, but the foam tape was a new kind and was so strong that I couldn't take the card apart without ripping it.

The images and sentiment are from Studio Katia's Under the Sea set. There are coordinationg dies that you can find here. I used them to cut out the ray, but I don't really like a lot of white space around my images so I ended up fussy cutting. I tried out my Arteza real brush markers, but I am not very good at using them. I didn't like it, so I tried adding Prisma colored pencils. They helped, but as I said, I am way out of practice. I applied Wink of Stella clear glitter pen to add some sparkle to them also. I used the Bubbles Stencils and White Blizzard Nuvo Drops to add clear, sparkly bubbles to the card.






Here is a link to the challenge: https://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/studio-katia-stamptember-2019-exclusive-collaboration/

No comments: