Monday, March 2, 2015

LTSCB Challenge 49: Buttons and Bows

Hello and welcome to another great challenge over at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. This time around the theme is Buttons and Bows. To participate in this challenge you must use some kind of stamped image, at least one button, and at least one bow. We have 3 sponsors so you have 3 chances to win some great prizes. Our sponsors are:

Prize: $12 gift certificate (equal to 3 images of choice) to the shop at www.adayfordaisies.com


Prize: 7 images to winner


Prize: 3 images to winner
Show off your work in their Gallery to win a prize: http://limitedrunsstamps.blogspot.com/p/customer-gallery.html

My DT team got to work with images from Limited Run Stamps. I chose the Art Deco Flower. She has different Art Deco images and when I saw them I immediately thought of stained glass. I decided to do a technique that I learned a few years ago when I worked for PK Glitz at the Creating Memories Scrapbook Expo in Columbus Ohio. That Expo will be coming up again soon and is full of great vendors, products, and classes. It is a lot of fun. If you live anywhere near Columbus you should check it out. They have a website where you can preregister but right now I don’t know what it is. Anyway, back to my project. This technique involves printing on the backside of a transparency, applying a sheet of double-sided adhesive over the image,  a lot of light cutting with a craft knife, and covering the image with different colors of glitter. When I learned the technique, we did a butterfly. We cut it out and just glittered the image. For this project however, I used my new Marianne design die to cut the image. This gave me a decorative border around the image. When it is finished, it really does look like stained glass:
The back of the image:



The front  (not sure why it rotated):


One thing to remember (that I forgot) is to print a mirror image since you are printing on the back of the transparency. I forgot to do that, so my image is actually backward. It doesn’t matter for this image, but would if your image had any kind of wording on it. After I got all that finished I glued it down to a piece of textured mirror paper from Michaels. I had to use Liquid Glass  and lay something heavy over it. It had to sit over night and dry. The glitter does not take kindly to adhesive tapes. I then fussy cut around the die. Here is my finished product:








I played with my new Bow-It-All V2 to make the bow. I had to watch a tutorial on You Tube to figure out the locking C to tie it off. I just couldn’t handle the written instructions LOL. I tried to make a double loop double bow but had to settle for just the double bow. I think I am going to have lots of fun with my new toyJ. I thought the buttons were too plain, so I covered them with Liquid Glass and dipped them in the same glitter I used on the image. The die on the inside was embossed and then inked with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and brushed with the Wink of Stella Clear brush .
Materials:
Image:
Stamps: Creative Memories Wonderful You set (You make me smile)
Paper: Cardstock, Mirror Paper from Michaels, DP from the Paper Studio Affinity Pack
Ribbon: ½ inch Cream Satin Ribbon
Dies/Punches: Marianne Designs LR0317, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch (another new toy)
Adhesive: Wonderfilm from PK Glitz, Liquid Glass from CTMH, AGT gun
Glitters: PK Glitz Tropical Rain, Sea Mist, Sky Blue, Purple Reign, and Sunset; Recollections “Bling” 
from Michaels; Crystal Glitter Ritz “Warm Highlights”
Embellies: Tim Holtz Fragment attached w/ Tim’s Jump Ring, Buttons, Frantage (on wings), Mini Buttons from JoAnne Fabrics
Ink: Peacock Feathers Distress Ink (inside die only), StazOn Jet Black, Wink of Stella Clear brush


I’m loving my card and I hope you do too. Please pop over to the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and check out all the DT’s great creations. I hope that you will make a project and join us in our challenge. You have two weeks to participate.

I am entering the following:
 http://craft-deebowz.blogspot.com/2015/03/march-challenge.html  Anything Goes w/ Handmade Bow
http://livelaughstamp.blogspot.com/search/label/Monday%20Morning%20Challenge Think Spring
http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes w/ Option of Stitching
http://papersweeties.com/blog/paper-sweeties-inspiration-challenge-29-waiting-for-spring/ Waiting for Spring
http://thepapernestdollschallenge.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk/ Add Flowers (image and paper are floral)
http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/ Embossing (dry embossing on inside die)
http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.com/ Is it Spring Yet?
http://stampedblessings.com/page/2/ Glitter
http://sparklensprinklecreativechallenges.blogspot.com/2015/03/march-2015-challenge.html
    Anything Goes with glitter/embossing powder/flocking

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is so pretty! You did an amazing job applying the glitter, and I love your bow. Thanks so much for joining us in the Paper Sweeties Waiting for Spring Challenge!

Kaija said...

Gorgeous card!Thank you for participating ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
Gr.Kaija DT-member

KarinsArtScrap said...

Annette this is different and very beautiful

Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

Debbie said...

What a fabulous, sparkly and fun project! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Paper Sweeties this month!

Mynn xx said...

Super gorgeous! I LOVE the colors and all that fabulous shine! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Heather said...

Oooo . . . how pretty! What a great technique; it really does look like stained glass. Looking forward to working with you on the LTSCB team.

Gail said...

Goodness, this is right up my alley...shiny and glittery. I love sparkle. This is so pretty and you did a beautiful job on it. What a fantastic bow...4 loops and the smaller loop in the front is so sweet looking! I love your creation! Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ and good luck in your challenges! Hugs, Gail

Jill Norwood said...

This is so beautiful! I love all the glittery goodness!!!! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! :) Jill

Ribbon Girl said...

Lots of glitteryness - I love anything sparkly :0) Thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Card Challenge - best of luck! Mary x

Olivia1 said...

Ann, You did an awesome job on this. It really does look like stained glass. Simply beautiful!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

Gorgeous card! So cool technique!!
Hugs

Donna Ellis said...

WOW! How sparkly, Annette! This is gorgeous in every way - I especially appreciate the time you took to photograph at each stage! BEAUTIFUL! hugs, de

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the shimmer and the inside is so nice too!
Thanks so much for playing along in my Monday Morning challenge, and sorry it took me so long to visit your blog!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

What a neat technique. The results are just beautiful. The image does look like a stain glass window. Fabulous job!

Leslie said...

This is just gorgeous, Annette! That image is amazing and your card design is over the top! I know you've got to be loving your new Bow It All - I got one last year and don't know how I survived so long without it! LOL! Big bows have become my 'signature' and I just love yours! Great project!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! With SU
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
3 Girl JAM DT

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Love all the beautiful sparkle!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Sweeties March Inspiration Challenge!!

Anne Temple said...

Your card is gorgeous and you've used a great technique. It really does look like stained glass. Thanks for sharing it with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Ode to Paper said...

Gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining The Paper Nest Dolls Anything Goes Monthly Challenge! Good luck!