Monday, March 16, 2015

LTSCB Challenge #50 "Anything Goes"

Hi everyone! Welcome to another challenge at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. Our theme for the next 2 weeks is everyone's favorite "Anything Goes". We have 3 sponsors, which means you have 3 chances to win. Our lovely sponsors are:

 2 images to winner


Surprise Grab bag to winner



$10 Gift Certificate to Winner

Now for my project!!!

Since it is Anything Goes, I chose to do a 2 page scrapbook layout. These are pictures of my granddaughter when she was  about 15 months old. Here it is:






Since this image is digital, I used it to make my own background paper by copying and pasting the image and then rotating it different ways. I used Word and chose paper size 8 1/2 x 14. I can't print 12 x 12 so I printed 8 1/2 x 12. I set the margins to 0 so that it would print with no border. I still got a small space aroung the edges, but it is minimal and is not really noticeable. I covered the butterflies and flowers with Stardust Clear pen instead of coloring them.

I then printed 2 images onto a piece of 8 1/2 x 12 cream cardstock. The second one was printed as a mirror image so it printed on the opposite side of the page. I ran the paper through the printer twice to get these on the same side. Then I just had to cut the paper in half and I had the two cream pieces. I used a Martha Stewart Border punch for the scallop edge. The images were colored with copics. I printed the images a second time and cut out the butterflies. I colored them, cut them out, and popped them with foam tape. I then applied stickles to everything. I wish you could see the glitter-it is so pretty.

The other butterflies are a Martha Stewart Punch. I covered them with Stickles. The pearls are colored with Copic RV25 and glued onto the pages. The Sentiments are cut out using Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight.

The ribbon was inked with Copic RV25 before being added to the page.

I love these pages. I haven't done layouts for at least 2 years and it was nice getting back to them. Hopefully I've given you some inspiration so that you will want to join us in our challenge. You have to weeks to create and enter. 

Remember to use some kind of stamping on your project.
I found challenges that want flowers. While I do not have traditional flowers mounted on my project, there are small ones hanging from the leaf spray and Keianna's dress is covered with them. I hope this qualifies.
I am entering the following challenges:
http://drsdesignsblog.blogspot.com/ Flowers
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges Flowers and ribbon
http://www.ribbongirls.blogspot.co.uk/ Go Green
http://craft-deebowz.blogspot.com/2015/03/march-challenge.html Anything Goes plus handmade Bow
http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes + Optional Easter
http://thepapernestdollschallenge.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/ Must have Green
http://blog.markerpop.com/2015/03/09/markerpop-challenge-64-anything-goes
  Anything Goes


14 comments:

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

So beautiful layout!! The colors are just beautiful.

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh what a sweet layout. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara { Craft-Dee BowZ}

Kaija said...

Just beateful!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge
Gr.Kaija DT-member

KarinsArtScrap said...

beautiful layout Annette
Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

Shelia said...

Beautiful scrapbook page! I like the way you popped up the butterflies. Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs this week.

Heather said...

Lovely pages!
Thank you for joining us at
Really Reasonable Ribbon!
Hugs
Heather

Heather said...

These layouts are soo beautiful!! Such a sweet color combo and I love those elegant rectangle dies.

Karen Letchworth said...

You're quite the scrapbooker, and your layouts are awesome. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. I hope you will join us again soon.
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Leslie said...

Your layout is absolutely gorgeous, Annette! And you definitely have an adorable subject! The green and pink are a wonderful combination! Love all the fun elements!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
3 Girl JAM DT

BrendaB said...

What a great way to use the digi images to create your own background paper! Your layout is so pretty, and your granddaughter is adorable!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

Such precious pages! Thank you for joining us in our Anything Goes Chllemnge over at MarkerPop!

Olivia1 said...

Annette, This is so sweet. I know it must be fun to scrapbook for that precious little girl. :)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful layout! Your granddaughter is a cutie :o)
I love the butterflies and the way you did the ribbon on the bottom, very girlie.

Unknown said...

I love the creative way you used the digi stamps. The butterflies add to the sweetness of your pages. Very pretty bows on the bottom!!!