Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Magnolia Birthday Card

I used this layout on a previous card. I liked it so well that I did another one. This card was designed for the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog “BINGO” Challenge. I was actually able to do a full bingo using everything on the grid. Here is what I used to fill each square: Bling-a pin with pearls and glitter with the Frantage, Stickles, Wink of Stella brush pen and Gellyroll Clear Stardust pen; Butterflies on the DP; the image, and a stamp/diecut set; Red-cardstock, DP, Copic coloring, ribbon, and Stickles; Lace under the ribbon; Dies-several; Flowers on DP; Frantage-definitely; Buttons in the corners (I almost forgot them); and Ribbon. Whew! That was a lot LOL.

In looking at other sites, I discovered that I almost have a full bingo at Totally Tilda. I lack the stitching but have everything else. I probably could add the stitching to the inside, but it doesn’t really go with the look I was aiming for. The squares I filled were: Magnolia image, Sentiment, Ribbon, Buttons, Pearls or Gems, Dies or Punches, Any Embossing, and Flowers. How convenient is that?
Now on to my card:







I used the image Sitting Tilda with Butterfly that someone provided to me as a RAK some time ago. I had to cut her out because the paper was too small to use the die. Some tricky and tedious cutting with the craft knife allowed me to cut out the string and antennae after I thickened them up with glaze pen and Inkssentials enamel accents. She is colored with copics and popped up off the die background. I also popped the die up after embossing with the Frantage. The tag is made with two dies: the Magnolia Doohickey Vintage Tag, and the crown from the Marianne Designs set LR0317.

Here is the recipe:
DP: My Minds Eye Lost and Found “Ruby Pink Lace” Paper, Red cardstock
Image: Magnolia   Tilda
Inks: Black & Ladybug Memento, Distress Festive Berries, Hampton Art White
Stamps: Sentiment-Hero Arts, Inside-Stampin’ Up, Butterflies-Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and die set
Dies: Marianne Designs LR0317 (Used whole set), Magnolia Doohickey Vintage Tag, Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Labels Eight, Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and die set
Embellishments: Lace, Ribbon, Decorative Pin, Mini Buttons
Misc: Frantage, Wink of Stella Clear Brush pen, Gellyroll Clear Stardust pen, Stickles, Copics, Inkssentials Black Enamel Accents, foam dots, and black Glaze pen.

I really enjoyed making this card and I hope you like it as well.

I am entering the following challenges:
http://simplymagnolia.blogspot.com.au/  Flowers (I hope the DP counts)



17 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

Pretty Magnolia card - thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl 'Everything Goes with an Image' challenge, best of luck, Mary x

Norma said...

Lovely card, Annette. This is one of my favorite Tildas--she's adorable. Love the hidden tag and all the frantage.
Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Louise said...

Beautiful card, love the hidden tag and details. Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
hugs Louise

laurigami said...

Lovely card.I love all the details.Thank you for joining us at Magnolia Mania. Hope to see you again.
Hugs
Laurigami

Sarah - Crea S said...

Lovely card in a beautiful colorcombo! Thanks for joining our buttonchallenge at Magnolia Mania! Hugs,
Sarah, GDT Magnolia Mania,
http://littlecreass.blogspot.be/

cheiron said...

So pretty and I love how the sentiment pulls out on the tag! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

ScrappyAndrea said...

Pretty card an a lovely red.
Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Mania!
Hugs, Andrea

Unknown said...

so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Totally Tilda and Friends.

Susie Sugar said...

Very pretty red tones and this Tilda is so sweet
Thanks for sharing it with us at Totally Tilda
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Unknown said...

Pretty card.
Thanks for playing with us at Tilda Town challenge blog!
Hugs, Malin

Nicolchen said...

A lovely creation you´ve made :0)))

Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Mania ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Momente auf`s Papier gebracht said...

hello annette,
beautiful card, thankyou for joining us at the magnolia mania, greetings from sonja

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow, just stunning, be sure and go enter this in the Your Scrapbook Place Challenge for cards this month. It's anything goes! Cheers, Holley

Chantal said...

Wowwwww this card is soooo gorgeoussss! Thank you so much for joining our Time for Magnolia Challenge - Butterflies and good luck! Hope to see you time again! Warm hugs, Chantal

Diana said...

What a lovely card!! Thanks for joining us at TFMC.
Hugs, Diana

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Annette!
Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia with Flowers and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Unknown said...

fantastic card !!!!
Thanks for playing with us at Simply Magnolia
Hugs Betty