Monday, August 4, 2014

LTSCB Challenge # 35 Running in Circles

Hello again! It's time for another challenge on the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. This time the theme is "Running in Circles" You must use circles somewhere on your creation. Here are our sponsors:

Prize: 3 images to winner
Lacy Sunshine Stamps

Prize: 3 images to winner


I got to work with a fabulous image from Lacy Sunshine called Thea Boo Blowing Bubbles. I just love all the cute images at Lacy Sunshine. They are very imaginative and adorable. When I saw this one I knew it would be perfect. I have pics of my granddaughter blowing bubbles with her aunt. I was going to do 2 projects, but only had time for one. Since my last post promised a page in my new library pocket album, I did it. Here is what I came up with:

The front of the pocket:


The DP is My Mind's Eye. The sentiment was printed on the computer and cut with a circle die. I cut slits in it and ran an organza ribbon through it. The ribbon was colored with copic BG01. I cut around the image and then cut out each individual bubble and glued them on separately. I didn't like the white around them when I tried to fussy cut them together. The image and bubbles are colored with copics. I then layed Crystal 3D Lacquer on the bubbles for a shiny, bubbly look. I also used glitter pens from gellyroll and wink of stella on the image and edge of sentiment.

The insert:



Since the pics took up most of the room, I decide for a light look. I used a small circle stamp from Gelatins "Spin my Round" set. I interlocked them using VersaMark. I then applied mica powders. The blue is from Pearl Ex and the pink from Perfect Pearls. I also covered them with the 3D Lacquer. I found some Nemo Ribbon and decided to use it since it also has bubbles on it. I attached it with my Tiny Attacher from Tim Holtz. I then covered the staple with circles cut from vellum. Since I didn't have a scrap piece of pink, I used white and then colored it with RV02.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my project. The challenge runs until Aug. 17th. I do hope you'll join us. 

I am entering the following challenge:
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything goes using patterned paper
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.com/ Use "B" things I used Bubbles and Blue




19 comments:

Jacquel said...

What an adorable little girl...so happy! Love the image you used too...TFS!!!

Shuly said...

sooo sooo cute!!!! ooooh the beautiful little girl!!! the image is perfect for the occasion, what a great project for such a sweet moment!!
such a great idea to put your sentiment in a bubble!!!

butterfly dream cards said...

What a super card...love the little girl and the colours are fantastic...well done

Fiona dT
TTPH

Scrappyrpnprn said...

Giggle, that is an awesome card and those pic's just make it even more awesome! Soooooo cute! Thanx for joining us at Through The Purple Haze Challenges.

Carla

Jacqui's Crafts said...

such a adorable little girl she is beautiful.. The card is stunning too
thank you for joining us at TTPH

Jacqui DT

Jacquel said...

Hi Annette!
My daughter colored Rory with Copics & she used a mix of browns on her hair. I need to pay more attention to what she's using instead of oohing & awwing over how awesome her coloring turns out LOL!!!

I'm so happy to be Guest Designing with you wonderful ladies this month!!!!

Joanne said...

Very cute card, such bright and cheerful colors! Your little one looks adorable too! Thanx so much for playing along with us at CC&CC! Joanne

Katya said...

Heehee so cute! Love that you were inspired by your granddaughter for this card. Very sweet and summery indeed. :) Thank you for joining us at TTPH's Sweet Summer week.

Katya Bess
TTPH DT
Kattyxoitca.blogspot.com

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Cute little photo album, but I think your granddaughter took the show! She is just too adorable chasing the bubbles! The front cover image, paper and design it amazing for this challenge :o)

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is an adorable project.....
Thank you for joining in our challenge (TTPH) Good luck x

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card,thanks for sharing it with us at Whoopsi daisy.Louise x

Lozzy said...

What a gorgeous card, love your design and the colours, really pretty..Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x DT

Pamellia said...

This is so adorable! I just love that colourful background and your image is so cute! :)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this month well of “Anything goes”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)

Leslie said...

Annette, you did an outstanding job with this pocket album page! Love the colors and what a fun image you chose to work with! Great job!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Annette..love this image too and fabulous colouring.Your little Grandaughter is adorable...what a cutie.
Thanks for joining in with us at Lacy Sunshine this week..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Chris said...

That's lovely, such a pretty pocket for your gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing at LCI.
Chris
x

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

What a sweet little girl!! Love the pics!! Your works is great, love your work with the image too!
Hugs,
Cathy

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x