Monday, August 18, 2014

Love To Scrap Challenge 36 "Anything Goes"

Welcome back to another LTSCB challenge. This time it's another "Anything Goes". The sponsor the time around is:

Prize: $25 gift certificate
Heartfelt Creations

This company offers a wonderful array of products: Stamps, diecuts, Stamps with matching dies, paper, etc. I bought my stamps and dies a few years ago. I really enjoy using them. I mostly use my religious ones, but the others are alot of fun too. I decided to do two different cards to showcase what Heartfelt Creations has to offer. My first card is a cheater card. Heartfelt Creations offers a gallery of beautiful cards that will inspire you to create your own wonderful creations. I chose to copy one of those cards and make my own. I do not have the same stamp, but the effect is the same. Here is what my card looks like:








I guess I should have checked the website against my products. This card was done using the Fancy Ornament Precut Set and Holly/Ornament Diecuts. Unfortunately these are no longer available. Thankfully I bought both of them when I did. I used the matching dies to cut out the ornaments. The sentiment and verse, however, are still available. They belong to a precut set called Wiseman Ornament Precut Set.
The scallop punch is by Martha Stewart. I ran the red strip through an embossing folder. I traced the ornament lines with my Wink of Stella pen to add some glitter. I also popped the outside ornament with foam squares. The DP is from a christmas stack pack that I have had for years. I didn't look at the gallery to see if this card is still on there. I had printed it off years ago when I bought the stamp.

My next card features a stamp set that is still available. It is called Shepherd Scene PreCut Set. This card is my own design:



The website says to use Heirloom Ornaments 2011 dies to cut out the image. I do not have this die set, so I chose the Spellbinders Majestic Elements set. This image is fairly good-sized  so I used an A7 card base instead of A2. I had to use the largest die in the set to cut out the image, so to make the mat I enlarged it on a piece of paper. I cut it out, traced around it and cut that out. It is not as neat looking as the die cut obviously. The outside sentiment is part of the stamp set. The inside verse is from Stampin Up. The inside dies are from the same Spellbinders set. This image is also popped with foam squares. It is colored using Prismacolor pencils and Gamisol. I added yellow Stickles to the star.

I made matching envelopes as well using the star from the shepherd image and the small ornament. I used my gold Wink of Stella pen instead of Stickles on the star.






I am entering the following:
http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.com/ Polka Dots and Pearls (Card #1)




16 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Annette,

Literally just back from hols with blogland withdrawal symptoms so quickly popping round my fav blogs to say hello and will be back during the week.

B x

Jacquel said...

Both of your cards are really pretty! I love the scene on the second one...very nice!!!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Great Christmas cards! I really need to get a jump on mine. I like the first one. The second card is fabulous too!

Debi said...

Beautiful cards and envelopes. Love how you also did the insides.
I'd be thrilled to receive a card like this. Would you like my addie?
Hugs,
Debi

Shuly said...

Oh the beautiful projects!! Such a peaceful scene on yout LTSCB card! I love it!!

Karen McAlpine said...

Great job getting a head start on the holiday cards. Both are really special. I like how you decorated the inside of card one.

Leslie said...

Both of your creations are gorgeous, Annette! And kudos for getting on the Christmas card wagon! These are wonderful!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

Angie said...

Great Christmas cards!! Thanks for joining us at Crafting From The Heart! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

Nonni said...

Beautiful colors, I love the stripy background paper! Thank you for joining us at STAMPlorations!

maureenjscott said...

Fabulous Christmas card, love the embossing. Thanks for joining Pearls and Polkadots at Love to Create this week! Mo xx

Unknown said...

Great holiday cards! Thank you for joining our "Polka Dots and Pearls" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful projects! Love the vintage ornament! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Rene said...

Fabulous cards! Thank you so much for sharing them with us at Stamp and Create!
Rene :D

Shery Russ said...

Both are beautiful Christmas cards, Annette! I love the textures of the first and the bold colors of the second!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful Christmas cards - really like the inside decoration! Thanks so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations. I hope to see you there next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

Both of your cards a super Christmas cards! The embossing on the first one really stands out and the color work on the second is super!!

Hugs,
Cathy DT