Saturday, August 23, 2014

Back to School

I had to start back to work this week after having my summer off. I am a secretary in our local school. It's always hard to go back after having about 2 1/2 months off. This year saw a lot of new faces at our school. We have 11 new teachers in our building. I decided to make them a card to welcome them.


This card was way to much to color and mass produce, so I cheated. I did one and then copied it on my printer. My ink went low so I had to do some touch up, but they were okay. Both of these stamps are Magnolia stamps: Mini Tilda with Pencils and Vintage Swedish Background. The first card was colored with copics. I then used copics to touch up the copies. The bottom of the mat is layered with Tim Holtz tissue tape. The sentiment is also Tim Holtz as is the die it is on (Shapeabilities Tag). It is inked with vintage photo distress ink. There is nothing fancy on the inside. I typed a message on the computer and cut it out with a shaped die.

Here are the challenges I am entering:
http://stampandcreatewithmagnolia.blogspot.com/  For a Teacher (for 11 teachers to be exact-LOL)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a pretty scene you've created, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining at Lacy Sunshine: Back to School
Hugs
Dewi

Karen said...

So very cute! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and hope to see you there again next time!!

Rene said...

Absolutely adorable!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck,
Rene :D

Rene said...

Me again! :D
This time I want to thank you for playing along with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck!
Rene :D

Laura said...

What an incredibly sweet gesture! I'm sure the teachers will love them as they're adorable. Thank you so much for joining our Tilda's Town Challenge this week.

Big Hugs,
Laura C.

Joe Shien Shien said...

Adorable card with a cute scene! Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town this week.
hugs, shien shien

Vannessa said...

Such a cute school scene and a lovely gesture to your new colleagues. Thank you for entering our challenge this time.

Hugs, Vannessa
Lacy Sunshine DT