Saturday, February 9, 2013

Winter Card

I'm not much into winter, but I wanted to enter the Magnolia-licious Inspirational Challenge. I also used a sketch from Mojo Monday to design my card and Reasonable Ribbon's Monochromatic Challenge. Here is what I came up with.

 
 
 
 
 
I used the Winter Wonderland cricut cartridge to cut the snowflake. I did 2 layers at 2" and 1 1/2 ".  The Magnolia image is mini Autumn Tilda with Broom. I used the Paper Blossoms Pine Branch punch and Tim Holtz ribbon. The ribbon is normally white but I inked it with Distress Worn Lipstick to go with the pink color scheme. For the background paper I used a light pink paper from my stash and stamped it with 2 sizes of Stampendous snowflake stamps. I stamped with Versamark and embossed them with clear glitter embossing powder. The paper with the trees on it is watercolor paper that I colored with gelatos. I wet the gelatos and swirled the colors together to make the background. I took my stardust clear pen to draw snowflakes. You can't really see it very well in the pictures, but I also took a snow writer and put some white on the trees and ground for snow. I thought that the swirl paper kind of resembled wind.
 
Here are the challenges I am entering:
 

12 comments:

Candy said...

Hi Annette,
What a lovely scene you have created :o)
I agree that the swirls on the paper resemble wind.
With that and your snowflake paper you set the scene. Very much like your background and I can see the snowflakes you made with your pen. Tilda looks lovely sitting there. The TH distress ink on your ribbon matches your card perfectly! I really like the snowflakes you cut out with your Cricut. That paper is wonderful and shiny.
Hugs, Candy
Magnolia-licious Designer

Candy said...

Oops!!
Thank you so much for joining in our Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog :o)
Candy

Franz♥ said...

Too lovely Annette, love the detail with the snowflake!

Thank you very much for playing with us at Tilda's Town this week :)

Hugs, Franz.

Sonia said...

Fabulous card Annette,the image is toooo sweet and lovely design^_^
Sonia

Rene said...

What a charming project! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Tilda's Town! I'm so happy you joined us this week and hope to see you back next time! Good luck!
Rene ;D

Céline said...

oh so cute, love the colors
thanks for playing with us at tilda's town
hugs
céline

Christa said...

Such a lovely winter-feeling card ! Thank you for joining our very first challenge at TFM. Christa.

Anonymous said...

Love how you've positioned your Tilda as if she's sitting on a ledge. Your ribbon accents are just right! thanks for sharing with us at really reasonable ribbon! - vivian

Kelly said...

This is a beautiful scene you created. I love your colors and how Tilda is taking a break from the snow.
Hugs Kelly

cabio's craft corner said...

Your winter card is so cute. Love the winter tree background and the cute mini Tilda :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Laura said...

I love the pink, wintery scene you've created here. Beautiful.

Laura

Anonymous said...

Very sweet
Hugs Julie P