Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Another Birthday Card

I needed some more birthday cards, so I checked out some challenges to get some inspiration. Here is what I came up with:



 
I started with the color challenge at Annabelle Stamps. A few weeks ago I bought some products from them. I figured this would be the perfect time to use them. The color challenge used grape, pumpkin, and waterfall.  I didn't have anything grape, so I just had to try to match as close as I could. I chose a decorative paper from a pack by Paper Pizazz called Great Backgrounds. I've had this paper for a long time. I used it to make the strip down the left and the butterflies. The ribbon is from Annabelle Stamps and is the pumpkin color. I used a white textured card base and stamped flowers using inks that came close to the pumpkin and waterfall colors. These stamps are from an Annabelle Stamps set called Designer Flower. This set features both sizes of flowers in both solid and outline as well as leaves, flower centers, words and sentiments, and a small flower growing from the ground. In the centers of the flowers I placed buttons from Annabelle Stamps in the pumpkin and Waterfall colors.
 
The die is from Spellbinders. I really like this die and obviously use it alot. The image is Tilda in Lace Jeans. She is colored with copics. Lavender stickles make her sparkle. The flower stamp on the die is also from a set by Annabelle Stamps called Standing Tall. It features 3 different types of standing flowers, sentiments, and some other stamps. I stamped it and used YR 18 to make the orange lines in the flowers. I then colored them with B00. I covered the dots with a pearl pen and added some extra dots. The sentiment is from the Standing Tall set. I cut it out by hand.
 
The butterflies were done using a stamp and die set from Sizzix and Hero Arts. I can't find the name on the package, but there are 3 sizes of butterflies and two dogwood stamps with matching framelits dies. I stamped the butterflies and cut them out. I then covered them with wonderfilm from PK Glitz and cut them out by hand. After peeling off the other side of the wonderfilm, I dipped then in a transparent, microfine glitter called Crystal Glitter Ritz. I used the Cool Highlight color. I discovered that the darkness of the paper, covered with the glitter made the stamped image basically disappear, so I had to restamp them.
 
I found a challenge at Deep Ocean Challenge: Use the letter B. My "B" items are blue, birthday, butterflies, and buttons. I am also entering the challenge Things with Wings at the Allsorts Challenge Blog since my card has butterflies.
 
I am entering in the following Challenges:
 

17 comments:

Andrea said...

This is so very sweet Annette! Love your layout and detail!
TFS with us this week:)
Andrea

brenda said...

Beautiful colours for your pretty card Annette.

It's great to see you at Allsorts challenge this week, thanks so much joining in, but can you make sure you mention us and link back to us to be eligible for the prize this week.

B x

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card Annette^_^
Lovely image^_^
Sonia

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours you have used, thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts, xxx

Norma said...

Annette, gorgeous card. Beautiful DP's you have--wonderful colour scheme. Love this Tilda image--haven't coloured her for a while and you make me want to do that right now...LOL. Gorgeous butterflies--I have a fondness for them.
Thanks for coming over to play with us at Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

Chris said...

Lovely card, Annette. I love the colors you've used. Tilda looks wonderful. I can see that you put a lot of thought into this little work of art! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Magnolia-licious/Wee Stamps Challenge Blog!

Chris

Karen said...

Very pretty card! Lovely coloring and I love your butterflies.

Karen

Chris said...

Very cute.

Unknown said...

Hi, thank you for visiting my blog. Thies card and the others works that i see are fantastic. For the candle I follow this tutorial:
http://thepixiecottage.blogspot.it/2012/02/pixie-cottages-saturday-tutorial_18.html
Francy

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, love the pretty paper and colours
Hugs julie P

Karen said...

This is adorable Annette! : )

Suzi Mac said...

This is so pretty Annette, wonderful choice of Tilda, wonderful papers and butterfly's. Thank you for sharing with us over at Magnolia-licious and Wee Stamps Challenge. Good luck!
Hugs
Suzi

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card love the colour's thank you for joining us this week at Bearly Mine Challenges
Hugs Dianne xx

cabio's craft corner said...

Cute & adorable card. Fun flower stamping on the oval shape!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Céline said...

really cute, love your combo
thanks for playing with us at stamp and create with magnolia
hugs
céline

Unknown said...

Love your colour combo. Thanks for playing with us at Stamp & Create with Magnolia x

Lacey Stephens said...

What a beautiful card! Your coloring is gorgeous and great take on the Spring with Butterflies Challenge.
Thanks for playing along with the Stamp and Create with Magnolia Challenge. We will have another fun one Friday morning; we hope you will come play along again soon!
PS we will be having a Weekend Sale on Magnolias; many designs will be 25-35% off beginning Friday.
~Lacey
Stamp and Create with Magnolia DT
www.stampandcreate.com