Friday, January 20, 2012

My entry to RRR Valentine's Day Challenge



I came up with this idea and couldn't wait to try it. We had another snow day today, so I had an extra day off. I spent my day doing this card, taking my 22 month old granddaughter outside to play in the snow, and holding her because she fell asleep on me. I'm proud of myself for figuring out how to upload a picture to my post. Thank goodness for the help link. LOL:)

I'm not one for pinks and reds when it comes to scrapbooking or card making. I wanted to stay away from traditional pinks, reds, and hearts. I made this to give to my husband for Valentines Day. The paper is Bazzill Basics Paper-Dotted Swiss in the Tahitian Princess color. I flipped the paper over to do the embossed design. The stamp is from Hero Arts. I stamped it with VersaMark and embossed it with "By the Lake" embossing glitter by Sparkle N Sprinkle. The Ribbon is a dark teal that I picked up in the sewing section of Hobby Lobby. It was too wide, so I folded it in half and pinned it. Then I took a needle and thread and ran a loose stitch along the fold. I used this stitching to make the gathers. When you gather you have to more than double the amount of ribbon that goes around the area you are covering.  I hot glued the ribbon onto the back of the embossing. Since I didn't have a narrow ribbon that matched, I cut the dark edge off of a piece of my wide ribbon and glued it onto the front of the embossing. I cut a piece of the dotted swiss to the size I wanted for my card and glued the embossed section to it. I added matching 3 dimensional flowers by Kurio (after all, they are part of Valentines Day). Using my Cricut and Lacy Labels cartridge, I cut my label by setting the size at 1 1/2 in. I placed teal rhinestones and hand printed my greeting using a teal glitter marker by Martha Stewart. On the inside I put " who loves me as I am and makes my life complete. I love you."

3 comments:

SandeeNC said...

First off I am excited to be your second follower, it's tough starting a new blog ( I just had to start my blog over so I understand the work ) but it's fun to follow someone new! I look forward to checking out your creations!

Judy Rozema said...

I like your non-traditional colors! Congratulations on your blog! Thank you for playing along with the Really Reasonable Ribbon Valentine challenge!

mommyof5kidz said...

So pretty! Love your colors! Thanks for playing along with Us at Really reasonable Ribbon!