Monday, July 27, 2015

Maggie Masculine Birthday Card

Today is my son's birthday. He is 23. He is in the US Navy and is at Virginia Beach, so I made this card for him:





There is a challenge called Anchors Away at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. I thought it was the perfect challenge for my card, but I had a problem. I had no anchors. I went to Hobby Lobby and they had a die set with an anchor-perfect. Another problem: I have no sailor Edwin or summer beach things. I found this image in some that I had received as RAKs. I don't know what it is called but it works. I made a copy of it at 95% since it is a big stamp. I made another copy of the oar onto the brown cardstock and cut it out. I cut off Edwin's hand and glued the brown oar onto the other one. I then replaced the hand. I die cut some paper from my Tim Holtz Crowded Attic pack and stamped it with a Stampendous Cling called Steamboat Ride. I added some Tumbled Glass Distress ink. I made a dock out of scrap paper. Edwin is colored using the colors of the Navy-blue and gold. I hand drew and cut out the sailor hat. The anchor and wheel are from the same set from Momenta. The inside sentiment is stamped on vellum. Clean and Simple for my son-who wants nothing flowery or girly or glittery. Hope you enjoy it.

Here's another link to the challenge:
http://magnolia-liciouschallengeblog.blogspot.com/2015/07/tuesday-challenge-anchors-aweigh.html




2 comments:

Leslie said...

Absolutely adorable, Annette! Your son will LOVE it! ;)

Cathy Lee said...

Cute card, Annette. This Edwin is such a charmer. Thank you for sharing it with us at Magnolia-licious.
Hugz,
Cath