Monday, August 3, 2015

Its "White on White" over at the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog

Welcome to my creation for the White on White challenge at Love to Scrap. For this challenge you can use and color any image but your base and all embellishments must be white. I don't know if I have ever attempted this before but as they say: There's a first time for everything. Here are our fabulous sponsors:

TEAM A:

Prize: $10 gift certificate to winner



Prize: 3 images to winner



Prize: 3 images of choice to winner

 I am pleased to have received the lovely Foxglove Enchantress from Lacy Sunshine to work with. She is so lovely. Here is the card that I made:


The inside:



 I used a Memory Box butterfly border die and cut it out 3 times. I separated the butterflies from two of them and used them as embellishments. I have never used this type of die before and honestly I am not really sure how to use it properly. I cut one out and then sandwiched it between the base and the DP that I used for the background. I applied Scrappy Cat clear glitter glue to all of the butterflies to dress them up so they weren't just plain white. I also used my Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen to the outside edge of the floral oval die. I wish you could see the sparkle but it is too subtle. You can however see the glitter glue. I colored my Enchantress with copics and then added stickles for some dazzle. I used a Magnolia heart swirl die behind the flowers and added pearls to the inside of the flowers. There is a Magnolia Vintage tag behind the image, but I forgot to take a picture of it. I will have to add it later. It is a scripture quote that says "Blessed are those who persevere". I am giving this to a lady who is going through chemo treatments. She lost her husband last year and is now battling cancer. I stamped the sentiment and saying with grape Memento ink. The flowers were bought at Michaels in the floral section. I pulled them off the stems and hot glued them to the card. The image is popped with foam tape.

We hope you will join us for our "White on White" challenge. Head on over to the LTSCB for more great inspiration from our lovely DT.

6 comments:

Lillian A said...

Love the colors you chose on this and your butterflies, diecuts and layers are the perfect backdrop for this creation!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

I adore the sweet image and your gorgeous coloring!So pretty!!

Aunty Sue said...

oh wow look at all those fab diecuts to show off this fab image. Lovely card

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Elegant looking card! Love the image :o)

Heather said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE your flowers and the sparkle on her beautiful dress.

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Annette! So frilly and girlie, and I love the sentiment inside. This is just beautiful!