Monday, July 6, 2015

LTSCB Challenge 57 "Triple Play"

 For this challenge we want to see 3 of something. This can be anything: brads, decorative papers, buttons, flowers, etc. Here are our sponsors:



Prize: 4 images to winner
 
 
 
 
Prize: $7 gift certificate to winner


1 image per DT member
Prize: 7 images to winner


I used a great image from Bugaboo called Snowglobe Butterflies. I printed a mirror image onto the back of a transparency and colored the butterflies with Copics. I then applied Glossy Accents to the bubble and stickles to the sparkles. I let them dry completely. I brushed a layer of glue over everything (on the back side) and applied microfine glitter from Sparkle and Sprinkle. The idea was to make it look like a snowglobe that had been shaken and had the snow swirling around. I cut pieces out of a shiny coppery colored DP and pieced them over the base of the globe. The bottom piece is popped with foam tape. For my triple play I printed the image two more times-once as mirrored and one regular. I colored and cut the butterflies and applied glitter to them. The bow was made with my bow-it-all. The sentiment is a Tim Holtz one. The inside saying is from Our Daily Bread Designs. It was stamped onto White Glitter paper and cut using the Antique Labels and Border Die set also from ODBD. The globe is popped with foam tape. My big butterfly was attached over the one on the globe to add some dimension.


I hope that you will join us for this easy challenge. Click the link in my sidebar to go the blog and enter. You have until the 19th to enter. Happy Crafting!


6 comments:

Lillian A said...

What a great idea for a snow globe - butterflies!! This is stunning, Annette.

Unknown said...

Annette, This is so beautiful!! I love all the detail in the snow globe. When enlarged the image, I could see all the fabulous detail. Love it!!

Hugs
Tammy

Leslie said...

This is just beautiful, Annette! I, too, am loving the butterflies in the snowglobe with all that glittery goodness! Love this!

Heather said...

I wish I could see this in real life! Your explanation of all the glittering makes me think it is quite stunning! Pictures can never do justice to glitter. Great idea putting the butterflies in the globe, too.

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

I love your snow globe!! So beautiful and fantastic.
Hugs,
Ann

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

What a fabulous idea! The globe turned out beautifully.