Monday, July 20, 2015

LTSCB Challenge 58: It "Anything Goes" (with some stamping)

Hi everyone! After a week of vacation spent at the wonderful Smoky Mountains it was great to get back to crafting. I feel like it has been forever since I did any because my last card was done before we left in June. I hope all you Americans had a great 4th of July holiday. I felt like it was a holiday every day in Pigeon Forge. We had a perfect view of the fireworks show at Dollywood and watched them almost every night.

This is the perfect time for an Anything Goes challenge at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. I am still celebrating America's birthday with a great image from Lost Coast Creations. First though-a shout out to our great sponsors this time around:
Sami Stamps
Prize: $12 gift certificate

Prize: $10 gift certificate
Prize: $10 gift certificate
 
Now, on to my design. The image I chose to work with is called Americana Collage and it is from  Lost Coast Creations. I choose to make a table decoration/party favor that I feel has multiple uses. It is made from a toilet paper holder so its hollow. You could fill it with goodies or leave it empty. You could swap out the Celebration tag and replace it with a name to use as seating arrangement signs. You could even stick a skewer through the bottom and nestle it into a floral arrangement. Here is what I came up with:





My image:



I couldn't decide whether to wrap the image around the tube or leave it sticking out in front. I decided to wrap it. I printed it on vellum because I wanted the DP to show through and colored Mt. Rushmore and the lady with copics. When I put it against the dp, the stars were too dark and you couldn't see the image very well. I had the above piece of spritzed cardstock that I made a while back so I die cut a piece out of it and then adhered the image to it. Everything has a blue hue but it looks a lot better. The top of the roll is done using curling ribbon and a piece of a stem that was reduced at Hobby Lobby. The stem had three of these great pieces on it so I just cut one of them off.



The Celbration tag was printed on my computer on white cardstock which I then inked with Fired Brick and Chipped Saphire Distrss Ink. I added glitter glue around the edge and used my Wink of Stella clear glitter brush on the inside. I traced the word with a black glaze pen to brighten it up. After it dried I stuck it in a Tim Holtz memo pin and stuck it down into the ribbon. I used double-sided tape to do the glitter stripes. The fireworks and glitter stars are Dress it Up button embellishment. I cut the shanks off the stars and attached them all with glue dots.


This was a fun and fairly easy project to do and I hope you enjoy seeing it. Hopefully it will inspire you to hop on over to the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog and join in our "Anything Goes" Challenge. Click the link in the sidebar to enter and see the rest of the DT's inspiring projects.



Here are the challenges I am entering:
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.tw/2015/07/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-236.html  Anything Goes
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.tw/2015/07/challenge-116-anything-goes.html Anything Goes

8 comments:

Lillian A said...

This is patriotically striking, Annette. Definitely can see multiple uses for it. Great creativity!

BrendaB said...

This is gorgeous! Love the way you printed the image on vellum!

Unknown said...

What a great project Annette! Awesome idea for using a toilet paper roll :) Very fun and festive!!
Tammy

Heather said...

Beautiful table decoration! And to think it all started with a lowly toilet paper roll. : ) Love all the elements you added.

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

So cute project!!Great creativity!

Leslie said...

Everybody... don't care who you are... uses TP so why not recycle the tube?! What a clever idea! And I love that Lost Coast Designs stamp! This is just a wonderful project all the way around!

Aunty Sue said...

This is so clever great project. Hugs aunty sue.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fantastic upcycle!!! This is a great creative idea :o)