Monday, March 3, 2014

Love To Scrap Challenge #25 "Back it Up!"

It's time for another challenge at the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. This challenge is called "Back it Up" Make your own background and you can't use decorative paper. Our sponsors are:
Bugaboo Stamps (7 images to winner)
 
Eureka Stamps (5 images to winner)
 


I literally agonized for days over this card:( When I found out that I had to create a background using no decorative paper and no image with scenery I was like "How do I do this?" I have seen incredible backgrounds at Floral Fantasies. She uses Pan Pastels and makes gorgeous background scenes. I thought maybe I could use my Gelatos, but since I have never even attempted it before, it did not turn out so well. It isn't totally awful, so I used it anyway, but it is not what I was going for. Once I decided on that, I had a difficult time figuring out my details and embellishments. I could only stand to do a little at a time. Here is the end product:

 
 
This image is from Bugaboo and is called "Unicorn". My granddaughter will be having a birthday in March and since she loves everything horsey, I figured this would be the perfect image. I found out that she is having a princess party, so it worked even better. She is cut out and popped up using foam squares as is the grass (cut using Sports Mania Cricut Cartridge). It did take a long time to cut around those flowers. Normally we are not to use another image on our creations. We do not want to take away from our sponsor's images, but what is a princess party without a princess? I thought I would tuck one out of sight on an inserted tag:
 

I do not have a princess stamp, so I had to get creative and turn Happy Spring Mini Tilda into a princess by giving her a fairytale princess hat. It is actually a birthday hat cut from the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge. I just altered it a little.

I cut another bigger hat to use on the inside of the card. All in all, I am pretty pleased with this card.
 
 I think that you may get a laugh out of this:
I had left the card out because I was working on it. My granddaughter (Keianna) found it and grabbed it right up. "OOOHH! It a unicorn! Is this mine?" she said. I asked her if she thought it should be hers and her reply was a definite yes. I told her that just maybe it could be her birthday card. She put it down on the table, looked at me and said, "Thanks! You are really good at this!" She is only 3. My mom and I got a chuckle out of that.
 
That said, here are the products that I used:
 
Cardstock
Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Eyelet Rectangle dies
Cricut Cartridges Plantin' Schoolbook (princess hat), Sports Mania (grass), and Art Philosophy (Tag)
Gelatos in Blues and Greens
Pearl Mist made using water and Perfect Pearls White
Copics: RV21, RV23, RV25, YG25, YG63,BV13 (Unicorn and Flowers) E000,E00,E11, YG11,
              YG03, YG17, Y11, Y13, Y19 (Tilda)
Magnolia Doohickey Firs dies
Paper Doily
Embossing Folder
1/8" Ribbon by Offray
Flowers from a regular spray bought at Michaels. (I have found that they are a lot cheaper and just as nice.)
Stickles
Stamps: Magical Birthday Wishes is from the Scrapbooking Queen. I believe the set is called "The Queen's Birthday". The other one is from
 
I hope you enjoyed this card. I know that Keianna will. LOL! Have a great day. I hope you join us at Love to Scrap!
 
Challenges entered:
http://tildastown.wordpress.com/ Use your stash (I think the only thing new was the unicorn)
http://craftascene.blogspot.com/ Let it be Spring 
 
 

14 comments:

brenda said...

Don't be so hard on yourself Annette, I know we are all our own worse critics, but your sky and clouds look great to me. And the unicorn is just so magical.

B x

Shuly said...

your card is just FANTASTIC!!! i loove your cloudy background! it looks perfect and the whole card is so bright and lively, full of happy colours and the images are perfect for a granddaughter. love the tag hiding behind too, revealing an adorable magnolia princess!! your card is so perfect for the occasion, your little princess is going to love it!!

Leslie said...

Annette, this is wonderful! I would have never guessed that you had any difficulty whatsoever creating your background! I've never used Gelatos - they look like so much fun and are on my "To Get" list! :)

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

I bet your granddaughter will love this!!! It's so bright and cheerful, just like a 3 year old!! You did a fabulous job creating your background!!

Louise said...

Very pretty Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
hugs Louise

BrendaB said...

Annette, I think your background is wonderful! and I love the unicorn image; it reminds me of the My Little Pony toys my granddaughter plays with. Wonderful card!

Patti Jo said...

Darling card and can see why your granddaughter would love it! Thank you so much for joining us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog!

JenniferD said...

What an Adorable Card! Loooove the Colours! Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean!

carol said...

Hello..oh wonderful creation, looks fabulous, thanks for playing along withus at BEARLY-MINE x carol

Sandy said...

Sweet card, the background turned out well and I like the little hidden tag too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.
Hugs,
Sandy

Unknown said...

Lovely work. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this month x

Jules said...

A nice bright card and I love the tag which is hidden behind the other image. Thank you for joining us at BMD, good luck xoxoxxo

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a pretty card, thanks for sharing with us at craft a scene this month.

Sue xx

rachel said...

love that unicorn! Thanks for joining us at craft a scene this month xx