Monday, March 17, 2014

Love to Scrap Challenge #26 Buttons and Bows

This biweekly challenge theme over at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog is "Buttons and Bows". You must use both on your project. Again, we have two sponsors:

Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet ($10 gift certificate)

 
Fresh Squeezed Stamps ( Friendly Folk stamp set)


My image is from Stitchy Bear and is by Ike's Art. I used a packet of images called Holiday Mini Pack ST PATRICK's DAY. It is made up of all of the images that you see (5 in all). St. Patty's Day is just around the corner and I thought it would be fun to play with this image. I chose to do another CAS card:




 
 

I used my Wink Of Stella pens on the shamrocks and Stickles on the eyes for some glitter. The images are colored with copics. The ribbon is from Annabelle Stamps. I used alcohol ink on clear buttons and then covered them with gold stickles after I glued them down. The pot has coins in it, but I thought using the buttons as coins was a way to get them on there. I don't remember where I got the DP. I think I bought it my local scrapbook store, but don't remember the brand.

It is going into the following challenge:
http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.com/ Ready for Spring! (I am soooo ready!)
http://www.theribbongirlchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk// Green color challenge
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges Welcome Spring with Ribbon
http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.com/  Use Buttons
http://www.craftindesertdivas.com/  Buttons, Ribbon, Twine, or Brads (use 2)

Come join us at Love to Scrap. The challenge runs until March 30th!
 


18 comments:

brenda said...

Sweet card Annette, lovely colours as well.

B x

Leanne said...

Awesomeness, great image, love the colors and St. Patrick's Day very nice. Nice touch with the buttons for gold. I like it. Great job!

Hugs!
Leanne

BrendaB said...

This is so cute! I love the touches of shimmer on the shamrocks and gold coins!

Leslie said...

Fabulous project, Annette! Love the sweet bear and all the St. Patty's Day elements! Well done!

Mynn xx said...

OH my gosh, this is so cute!!! LOVE that sweet teddy and the tag is a super fun way to add the sentiment! :) HUGS and have a great rest of the week! Mynn xx

PS: I'd love for you to visit my blog (On a Stampage)--I've got blog candy! :)

NanaConnie said...

Absolutely adorable, Annette! Love the ticket tag for the sentiment. Thanks for playing in our "Buttons" challenge this fortnight at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. Please come back and play again soon. Good Luck in the draw.
NanaConnie DT

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Adorable! I just want a big hug from the bear! This card has great St Paddy's details and great for our challenge. Great job Annette!

Unknown said...

What an adorable bear!! Love this!!! Love that pot of gold too!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Unknown said...

What a cute card love how you did the pot of gold thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Diva's

Shuly said...

ha waaaa fantastic idea the coin buttons..!!! i looove the idea!!! makes it so realistic!! great coloring, love the light effects on the teddy!! this card is so neat, it's bound to bring luck!!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and colours you have used. Thank you for joining us this week at Open Minded Crafting Fun, good luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xx

Aluna said...

Gold buttons - sweet :) Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Good Luck - Joanna DT

Kathy Salido said...

Such a sweet little card. I love how you covered the buttons with stickles to look like gold coins!!
Thanks for linking up at Craftin Desert Divas!!

Kathy
Craftin Desert Divas Design Team
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Crafting Vicky said...

This is totally adorable! I would never ever have thought of using the buttons as the gold!!!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet Spring inspired card! Love the details! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Unknown said...

Great image and coloring! Thank you for sharing with us at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Amy A.,DT

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

So cute. Thank you for joining us at Craftin' Desert Divas!

Hugs, Melissa

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

This card is just too cute!! Love the bling you added... great work!!
Hugs,
Cathy