Friday, March 28, 2014

Playing Around

I went to the Memories Scrapbooking Expo in Columbus, Ohio last Friday and spent lots of money. It is so much fun to see all of the fun stuff there. Leslie Turner invited us to participate in the Bombshell Stamps challenge: Bombshell Bingo. The bingo I used was Paint, Purple, Ribbon, Dies, and Butterflies.  I used several of my newly purchased items to create this easel card:




Red Letter Journals never disappoint at the Expo. They have a great display. Their prominent feature is the products by USArtQuest. Every year Sue Rothamel comes and does tutorials on her products. This year she was demonstrating something I had never seen before. It is called Dicrofibers and is pictured in the above photo. I fell in love with them and had to buy the kit. She showed us different things to do with them. One of the ways to use them is to stamp on them. I had to try it. I did not have the same kind of ink she used (which was black Versafine). After trying Memento and Stazon (which did not work) I went to my last resort which was Black Soot Distress Ink. It kind of worked. You ink the stamp, lay the fibers on it, cover it with the special parchment paper that comes in the kit and then heat it with a medium hot iron. The fibers kind of melt together and the stamp transfers on. I think it would have worked better had I not heated it twice before. You can see the image in the picture, but it was not as clear as it should have been. It is a very neat product though, and can be purchased on their website. I bought their paint kit also and used it on the card as well.


                                     
This pretty little girl is called Gemma Spring Flower Gumdrops. She is a Lacy Sunshine creation and can be purchased here. This is a progressive challenge. If you use one of their images, you can get a free image for the next challenge. Check them out! I colored her using Copics and Wink of Stella Glitter pens. I also used copics on some of the flowers and the metallic ribbon (originally silver).


The butterflies are a stamp and die set from Hero Arts and Sizzix. I added glitter with my gellyroll Clear Stardust pen.

 
I made my own tag using the Tilda Lace Die across the top and cutting the paper in a curvy shape. I hot glued the big butterfly from the stamp and die set to it.

See the white clusters? I made them myself using a flowersoft stem, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive, and USArtQuest mini Prills.
 
I know this is a lot of pics, but this is a very busy card! I didn't think I was going to get it finished in time. Thankfully I did.
 
The paint for the bingo is on the outside scallops of the base and the embossed sections of the frame.
 
Recipe:
Dies: Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and die set #657773 (butterflies and dogwood blossoms),
          MB Victorian Frame #98535, Spellbinders 5x7 Detailed Scallops, Tilda Lace Die, and
          Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Eyelet Squares
Punch: EK Success
Stamps: Rubber Cottage (Sentiments) and the butterflies from the Hero Arts/Sizzix set
Ink: Memento Grape Jelly, Distress Black Soot and Worn Lipstick
Copics: E0000, E00, E11, RV00, RV02, RV04, V12, V15
Pens: Wink of Stella Fine Glitter Pens: Purple, Pink, Clear and Gellyroll Clear Stardust
Flowers: Ashland Floral Essentials (from Michaels)
DP: The Paper Studio Blanc Boutique
USArtQuest items: Dicrofibers, Acrylic Paint, Mini Prills
 
Here are the links to the challenges I am entering:
http://scrapbitzcopics.ning.com/group/cmccopicchallengegroup Sparkle (Used Wink of Stella Glitter Pens and Clear Stardust Glitter Pen as well as sparkly metallic ribbon)
 

6 comments:

Dewi Lestari said...

Fantastic! Thanks for joining at Lacy Sunshine: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful project! Love all the beautiful blossoms and gorgeous butterflies!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Nice job.

Thanks for joining us at RRR!

Jenn
DT

Leslie said...

Annette, this is absolutely gorgeous! Really lovin' the purples, and that image is darling! Thanks so much for finding the time to play in my Bombshell Bingo challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, GDT
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

made-by-Kate said...

Hello Anette
Your card is absolutely adorable. I love the little details and the colors. The stamp is colored great.
Greetings from Switzerland
Kate
http://kate1975.blogspot.ch/

Kim said...

Beautiful card!!!

Thanks for playing along with Bombshell Stamps Ms. March Pin-Up Challenge!

Kim
Prize Patrol Captain