Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Get Well Cards

For our next card club meeting we have to make 3 get well cards. I found some challenges that I wanted to enter, so I made a couple that would fit in. They have the same layout and design, but I chose different images, colors, and embellishments so that they would fit the challenges.



 
The first one is for the challenge over at My Besties. It is a Bingo challenge. I chose Flowers, Lace, and Blue. I have used one of her images that she offered on her blog for free. One of the things I like about this image is that she has already colored the clothing and accessories. I do not like to spend a lot of time coloring. I am not good at it and have a hard time staying in the lines. Both the diecut square and inside piece were inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink and then I inked the edges with Dried Marigold. I decided they were just too white. I added Glossy Accents to the lenses to make them look more real. I also used Winka Stella Glitter pens on the image to add sparkle-you just can't see it:(




 
The second card I did for Stamp and Create with Magnolia Thinking of Spring and Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog Bling It Up. I used Watercan Tilda for the image. I left off the lace and added pearls inked with copics for my bling. I also added extra glitter with my stardust clear gellyroll pen to the tag. Both ribbons were inked with copics. The dies are from Lifestyle Crafts called Nesting Eyelet Squares. The tag is a label die by Spellbinders. I ran it through the Vagabond once to cut and again to emboss. The inside flowers are made with punches from EK Success and Fiskars. Sentiments are from Tim Holtz (tag) and Stampin UP (inside). This card also qualified for the Bingo challenge at Inkspirational Challenges using pearls, ribbon, and flowers.
 
Here are the links to the Challenges:
http://papercreatorscrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ Squares, Circles, Rectangles (use all 3)

15 comments:

Dewi Lestari said...

Both cards are so beautiful! Thanks for joining at Creative Fingers: Anything Goes with artbymiran
Hugs
Dewi

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Thanks for playing along at OCS!

brenda said...

Love her huge glasses, but it's the colours on the second that really jump at me, love them.

The friends stamp is a really old old one I bought years ago, one of the very early unmounted's and from USA. But I have seen it recently in a Hobby Art set and I think maybe Sheena.

B x

Unknown said...

Adorable designs,Thank you for taking the time to join us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday we would love the pleasure of your company in next weeks challenge as well.....
Hugs
Suzy B ~ Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
XX

~ginny said...

Hey Annette - that's a great way to add a sentiment with the tag tucked in behind the image panel - and the fact that the image is generic enough to accommodate almost any occasion is definitely a plus! Thanks for sharing your project & creativity with us!
~ginny, DT for Aud Sentiments: #101 "Any Sentiment for a Girl"
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Two fantastic get well cards thankyou for sharing them with us this fortnight at crafty girls.
Hugs
Fiona blog co-owner x

Nikki said...

Great cards. Thanks for playing along at Inkspirational.

Nikki

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards! I like the hidden message in the corner and your images are great! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Julie Gleeson said...

I love your beautiful Besties Get well card! Thank you so much for entering the US Besties Challenge! Hugs Julie DT xox

Desire Fourie said...

These are so fun and colourful and will cheer up anyone feeling a bit under the weather.
Hugs
DesĂ­re
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Pysselfröken said...

Beautiful Cards! It´s Springfeelings all over them. I love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Tildas Town. Good luck!
Hugs Frida

Karen said...

So very cute! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog and hope to see you again next time!

Unknown said...

fab cards, love the embellishments, thanks for joining us over in divas by designs x

Helen said...

Great cards - love them both.

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Girls Challenge.

Helen x

Unknown said...

Both are adorable cards. Thank you for playing with AudSentiments this week.