Monday, February 24, 2014

Tilda Sympathy Card

A sympathy card is always the one type of card you hate to make, but unfortunately death is a part of life. One of my church family said goodbye to her father last week and so I made this card for her.

 
I lost my own father 2 years ago and as some of you know it is very difficult. I hope this will bring her some comfort. I chose Tilda Blowing Hearts for my image. I covered the area around her with Distress Ink Antique Linen  and Vintage Photo (around edges) and colored her with copics. The DP is some that I have had for years. I don't remember the brand. I thought it would go with the image since it's covered with hearts. I added Tim Holtz tape and inked it with Wild Honey Distress Ink. I also added PK Glitz embossing powder and glitter embossing powder to it also. The ribbon is some that came on a package a while back. It had hearts on it (and glitter) so I added it too.  The inside piece is also inked with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo (on edges). I popped my image with foam tape for added dimension and used my stardust jellyroll pen on the sentiment (my favorite pen). I also used Winka Stella glitter pens on Tilda's hair and the hearts for extra glitz and stickles on the bottom of her overalls. I just wish I could figure out how to take better pics so that the glitter will show up.
 
There is a giveway over at Floral Fantasies in which you have to make something using a favorite craft item. Magnolia stamps are definately my favorite stamps, but I love Tim Holtz products too. I used both since I couldn't decide which is actually my favorite.
 
I am entering the following challenge:
 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about how hard it can be to make sympathy cards. I think they end up being cherished much more than anything else though. I am sure your friend will treasure your card.

Mervi said...

Lovely way to show sympathy, beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and Penny Black and more Challenge, good luck;-))m

brenda said...

They are indeed such hard cards to make Annette and these times in our lives so difficult, I lost my Dad a similar time to you and only weeks after my Mum so I can sympathise.

But I am sure you friend really appreciated your kind thoughts.

Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Stamping Sensations, PB&M, Allsorts and my own blog celebrations.

In answer to your questions afraid I've not been as adventurous as a Utube tutorial, just the basic ones on my blog (listed at the top), but will bear in mind what you said and see if I can at least do another tut.

B x


Sarah said...

You are absolutely right, sympathy cards are so difficult to make for lots of reasons. Your Tilda card is beautiful and I'm sure your friend was very touched that you had taken the time to make it for her. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Ladies Day challenge x

Margreet said...

Wow what a gorgeous creation and thank you for joining on the Time for Magnolia challenge blog.
Hugs Margreet

susiestacey said...

A lovely card made for a difficult time - always a hard one to make.
Thank you for sharing with Penny Black & More @ Allsorts 'Make it Sparkle' challenge and good luck x Susan x