Monday, February 3, 2014

My First Design Team Post and Candy

Hello everyone. Today is the 3rd day of school missed this week, which means I have had extra time to run around and play. Sadly, Archiver's is going out of business:( Boo Hoo! I decided yesterday to make the 2 hour trip to see what was left. I found lots of goodies that I hope to be using soon. I wish all the Archiver employees luck as they search for new jobs. Those are so hard to find.

Today marks the first posting of what I hope to be a long run with the Love to Scrap challenge blog and Design Team. To celebrate this big step in my life and also my second Blogiversary, I will be giving away some candy at the end of this post. Make sure you read all the way to the end if you want to enter my giveaway.

February 3rd is the beginning of a new challenge at Love To Scrap. The theme is "Who Loves Ya, Baby!" You must use the word Love somewhere on your project. Our sponsors for this challenge are  A Day For Daisies and QKR Stampede. I used a digi image from A Day for Daisies called "Family Ties. Here is what I came up with:


I put the pin in to dress the card up a little, but then decided that I would give it to my 3-year-old granddaughter for Valentines Day. The pin will have to come out.

I wanted to do something a little different with this image. I printed this image 3 times-twice in black and once in brown. The first black image I used as my base layer. I then cut the branches out of the 2nd black image. I traced around them on brown cardstock and pieced them over the base layer. Then I colored the brown owls, cut them out and pieced them onto the base layer. I added Petaloo flowers and punched leaves to cover up the imperfections. For glitz I used stardust stickles on the words, butterflies, and flowers and orange peel stickles to the beaks and feet. The area around the image is colored with Copic BG10 and BG15. The ribbon is inked with RV66.

Here is a picture of the original image:
 
Here is the recipe:
 
Cardstock
Image: Family Ties by A Day For Daisies
Copics: Background BG10 & BG15; Owls: RV63, RV66, RV00, BG15; YR000, YR00, YR12, YR16; Y11, Y13, Y19; E23, E25, E21, E00; V25, V28, BV000; BG10, BG15; YG03, YG25, YG01 All eyes BG15 and dotted with a black glaze pen, All Beaks & Feet YR18
Flowers: Petaloo Flora Doodles
Punches: Martha Stewart Frond
Stamps: Butterfly from Inkadoo, Hero Arts Typewriter Letters
Stickles: Stardust and Orange Peel
Pin: Corsage Pin, and clear beads. (Rondels are colored with Copic BG15)
Ribbon inked with RV66 (It was originally gray ribbon that I had on hand)
 
I am entering the following challenges:
 
AND NOW FOR CANDY!!!!!
 
Here's what I'm giving away:
 
 
Turquoise and Silver glitter tulle, Expecting Emily by Sparkle Creations (Rubber and unmounted)
20 yard spool of 1/4" brown ribbon, Adirondack Alcohol ink "Meadow" Copics W1 & W3, pkg of rhinestones from the Beadery, EK Success pearl strands, 3 small & 2 large Red Rosettes (one with button top), 2 diecut swirls. The last things are from my horde. I needed to find a home for them since I never used them.

How to Win: Leave me a comment with an email to contact you. I would love it if you would follow my blog, but this time it is not a requirement. Mr Random will choose the winner. I will leave this open through the end of February and will ship anywhere.

Help me celebrate my blogiversary and Design Team Spot!! We would love to have you enter the challenge at Love To Scrap. Just click the picture in my sidebar:)
 
 

20 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a super cute card. I love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Make it Monday.

Hugs,
Rocio -DT

OlgaB said...

Beautiful collage of the owls. Thank you for joining Glitter 'n Sparkle challenge.
Hugs from Africa.
Olga DT G'nS

Shuly said...

waaa your card is full of beautiful sweet colors!! feels like Spring! the owls look so funny with their big eyes hahahah!great sentiment too
hey and great candy! i want to plaaaay!!!

Joey said...

Love love love, what a great image! popped over from mim. Joey x

Chris Hanselman said...

Great card. Love the image. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

~~Chris
Co-Owner
Created with Love Challenges

caroline said...

Great card love the owls, thanks for joining us at created with love challenges.good luck
Caroline dt

Lady Bug Stampers said...

I love your owls. My daughter is an owl lover. Great image. Thanks for joining us this week at Created with love challenges.
Linda K. DT.
www.ladybustampers.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow this is awesome! I just love owls. Very pretty! I love the colors. Thanks for playing at Glitter n Sparkle. Good luck. Hope to see you next challenge.

Unknown said...

Oh I just love this card.

Im owl mad lol.

Love what you did with the image.

Very pretty.


Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

Tracey DTx

Papercrafting Princess said...

Congratulations on your New DT position! Sweet card! I'm following you now!

BrendaB said...

Congrats on making the design team Annette! I look forward to working with you

Cherished said...

Sweet card. Welcome to the team.

Leslie said...

I love your first LTSCB DT project, Annette! Great job with that cute image! Again, welcome aboard - we're so glad you've joined our team!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Great job on your first inspiration project!! So glad you are on the team. What a cute card you made! Love the colorful owls.

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card Annette, you did a great job with the owls and the sentiment!
Congrats on your DT post!
xxx Margreet (GDT)

Leanne said...

Awesome and welcome to the group, way to go on the challenge, love the flowers and the cute image. Great job. Nice touch with the ribbon/pin! Way to go!

Beccalite said...

Super cute card. Thanks for coming over and joining in with our 25th Challenge at Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge Blog - Anything Goes.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx(DT Member)

melsanford said...

Awww! I love this gorgeous card! Thank you for joining our No DPs challenge at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Susie said...

Aaaaaah, so cute! Thanks for joining our No Designer Paper challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

Rene said...

Love love love! I'm such a sucker for owls! Thank you so much for sharing this adorable card with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck,
Rene :D