Monday, January 27, 2014

Tag, You're It

Hi all. I am here to do the last challenge for Love To Scrap that I can enter for prizes. Why is it my last? I am excited to say that I have been invited to be a permanent Design Team Member!! Whoot, Whoot!

Any way, when I saw the challenge on their blog, I didn't think I would have enough time to get a tag done, but I put my other projects on the back burner and decided to give it a whirl. I was looking at different blogs last Friday and saw someone do a fantastic black and white. Since that is also our theme for my February card club meeting, I decided to try my hand at it. Here is what I came up with.



I was really pleased with the results. Now I just have to do 13 more for Card Club. I have to add a splash of red for Club, so I am switching out the black baker's twine and sentiment for red ones. I also decided to change the stickles that I used on the flowers. I used Frosted Lace, but it didn't make it very sparkly. I switched to Stardust.  Here are some close-up pics:
 


You can't see the stickles at all, but if you look closely you can see the Mr. Huey Color Mist that I used on Tilda's wrap and the the heart. I must tell you that the fiber I used is some that I have had for at least 8 years. It is one of the first ones that I ever bought when I first started scrapbooking. I thought it was really pretty, but then just never had the desire to use it very often. The list of what I used on this tag is as follows:

Tag: Cut using Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge cut at 5"
Image: Magnolia's Tilda Captures Stars
Dies: Magnolia Doohickey Heart Swirl
Punches: Creative Memories 1" heart punch
Sentiment: Close To My Heart "Wonderful You" Set
Ribbon: Glitter Tulle, Baker's Twine, White Lace Ribbon Tape (J & Bobbin), Patron Allure Yarn "Diamond"
Flowers: White Paper Roses by Mikie's Favor Embellishments
Stickles: Frosted Lace
Ink: Memento Black
Markers: Distress Black Soot (stitching), Copics E0000, E00, E21, R20 (skin), C1, C3, C5, C7, C9 (hair and wrap)
Misc: Mr. Huey Color Mist "Shine"

I am entering the following challenges:
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ Bling It Up (I used Glitter Tulle, Stickles, and Shimmer Mist)
http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.com.au/ Anything Goes + Option Use Real Ribbon
http://tildastown.wordpress.com/ Celebrations (I'm celebrating my wonderful friends at Card Club)
http://dutchmagnolialovers.blogspot.com/ Use Text Stamp w/ Edwin or Tilda
 

21 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely tag. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy. Hope to see you again next time.

Teresa said...

Hello, Thank you for your comment on my criss cross card on The Ribbon Girl blog yesterday, you said you would like a tutorial, there's one on my blog on the tutorials page at the top.
I love your Tilda tag, it's very pretty.

brenda said...

Congratulations on the DT spot Annette and what a great piece to start off with.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a wonderful tag Annette.

Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


Rene said...

I love this little Tilda!!!! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Tilda's Town! Good luck!
Rene :D

Shuly said...

Your tag is so great, i love those contrasting colors, the flourishes, the lace, the ribbon and the heart, it's such a beautiful layout, perfect!

Unknown said...

Nice card! Great coloring!

Thanks for joining us at CMC! Hope to see you back for the next challenge!

Jenn
DT

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

What a beautiful tag!! Love all the roses... great work! Thanks for joining us at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog...
Hugs,
Cathy

Hazel said...

A beautiful tag with lovely embellishments. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Ingrid Mason said...

Congratulations on joining your DT Annette....what a nice start to the new year for you.

This tag is so pretty ..... perfect for that very special Valentine's gift with it's adorable cupid and beautiful embellishments.

Thank you for sharing this lovely tag in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

crafty-stamper said...

congratulations on your DT post beautiful tag and love the embellishments--thanks for joining us at OSAAT
Carol DT x

Anonymous said...

Darling Tilda coloring and designing! Thanks for sharing with us at Tilda's Town Challenges this week!

Tracey said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Your flowers are amazing, and I love the die-cuts. The tulle is very elegant, especially with the black and white theme. Thanks for playing along with us this week at OSAAT, hope to see you back again soon.
Hugs, Tracey (DT)

Christa said...

Your tag is very beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at DML this time.
Christa.

Jennie - The Crafty Wife said...

Your tag is so sweet and so pretty too. Perfect for Valentines day. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Jennie x

Lisa Winnard - TheCraftarageStudio said...

Lovely Tag. Such a cute image. Love the ribbon & lace you've used.
Thanks for playing along @ One Stitch At A Time.
Lisa OSAAT DT.

Anonymous said...

This is very sweet, I love the neutral colours, so pretty
Hugs Julie P

Karen said...

Gorgeous tag!!!

NPurdum56 said...

Such a cute tag! Nancee :)

Barb Hardeman said...

Very cute tag! The black and white theme is so elegant, what a great choice! Good luck with the other 12 you have to make! Hugs...Barb

Eulanda said...

Oh my this is ADORABLE!!!