Monday, January 13, 2014

Guest DT for Stamp and Create with Magnolia



I was so thrilled to see that I had won the Winter Snowflake challenge at Stamp and Create with Magnolia. I was even more thrilled and honored when they asked if I would be interested in being a guest designer for their next challenge. It is something that I've always wanted to do, so of course I said "yes"! The theme for this challenge, which starts January 17th, is "In Love". Thankfully I have some Maggies with hearts on them. I wanted to make something extra special for all of you, so I stepped out of my comfort zone to try layering different designer papers. I am not very good at mixing at matching, but I love these papers from DCWV (Die Cuts with a View). Since I don't have a lot of experience with layering, I went on the hunt for some inspiration. I found a blog by a woman named Fleur. Her cards are wonderful and she did a lot of layering. You can check out my inspiration here at http://fleurapassionforcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/a-creative-romance-dt-something-new.html. Here is what I came up with:

 
I don't use my Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page punch very much because of the odd sizes it makes for cards. I figured that since I won't be mailing this anyway it wouldn't matter. I will probably just give this to my husband even though its really girly. After hours of practicing and playing (because I can never get it to cut correctly and I don't like the sizes I have to use) I cut a square piece of pink cardstock at 6.75" and used the punch to make a decorative base for the card. If I remember correctly, the card itself is a 5.75" square which I made out of cream cardstock. The green lace layer is made using the Magnolia Doohickey Die "Tilda Love Lace". I played around with some measurements and then cut out the edges. It took some work to get things to match up, but it turned out okay. I inked the heart doily with Distress Antique Linen and Worn Lipstick. The image I chose is Tilda Blowing Hearts. I think she is just adorable. She is colored with copics as is the outside of the Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Ovals Die that she is stamped onto. The red flower did not have a center, so I added a pearl drop using an Opal colored Paper Pen (a pearl pen) from Viva Décor. Here are some close-ups:



 
The Inside:
 
 
Unfortunately, you can't see the stickles I added to Tilda's hearts and hair ribbons, but since I love bling I had to sparkle them up:) This card was a lot of fun. I enjoy the time it takes to design what I do, I just wish I could do it faster. Here is a list of what I used:
 
Paper: DP from DCWV and cardstock-plain and co'ordinations
Punches: Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page, EK Success Tag, Creative Memories Corner
                Rounder
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Ovals (largest one), Magnolia Doohickeys Tilda Lace Die &
          Heart Swirl
Embellishments: Heart Doily, Jambo lace roll tape by J & Bobbin, Flowers and leaves by Petaloo,
                            Rhinestones, Ribbon (colored with copic marker), Silver pearl sprays of unknown
                            make (bought in the wedding aisle of Crafts 2000), Sentiment is from Fiskars
                            Lasting Love Quotes stamp set
Misc: Copic Markers, Cotton Candy stickles, Distress Inks, Opal Paper Pen.
Inside of Card is from Cricut Cartridge Lacy Labels Cut at 4.75"
 
Thanks for stopping by. I hope that you will participate in the challenge with us!
 
This card is going into the following challenges:
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.com.au/ Favorite Color Combo (I used pink, green, and cream)
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ Bingo (I used Bling, Stamp, Lace)

25 comments:

Fleur said...

Hi, What a gorgeous card, so pretty. I am so happy you like my blog and that you found inspiration there
BIG HUGZ Fleury xXx

Eulanda said...

Hey you did great with your card!! Nice layering! I always say that if you buy papers from the same line you'll never have trouble matching up layering papers. That's how I do it. This Maggie image is so sweet! Great card! Thanks for adding my badge if I haven't mentioned it yet.
Hugs!

brenda said...

So very pretty Annette, I always think pink and green are a perfect colour combo.

B x

KarinsArtScrap said...

This is so beautiful Annette.

Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

Unknown said...

The frames are so perfect. The pop of bright greens works so well here as does the various papers. Thank you for joining TTPH this week.

Karen said...

This is beautiful Annettte!! Congrats on you guest dt, you did great!

NPurdum56 said...

So pretty Annette! I love the color combination! Congratulations on being a guest dt! Nancee :)

Cathy Lee said...

Oh, Annette. She is so cute. Love the pink and green colors.
Hugz,
Cath

Crafting with Darcy said...

I am so loving your card with the gorgeous pink and green color combo. I think I am hoping for early spring and your card is so lovely and makes me think of spring! Great coloring on your image and I love your use of the MS punch. Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
Darcy

Crafting with Darcy said...

P.S. You have a lovely blog and I'm your newest follower!!
Darcy

Sharon Caudle said...

Super cute card, Annette! LOVE Stamp and Create!! Awesome prices and the best customer service ever! Congrats on your GDT position!!! (and NO - they are not paying me!! HAHA!)
hugs, Sharon

butterfly dream cards said...

What a beautiful card. I love every bit of this project.

Thanks for joining us at TTPH

fiona DT

KT Fit Kitty said...

That's pretty - my favourite colours! Thank you for joining our "Bingo" challenge at Glitter n Sparkle. Wishing you all the best in our draw!

KT Fit Kitty
Glitter n Sparkle DT

Barb Hardeman said...

OH, congratulations are in order! Way to go girl! Love the pink and green color combo on this card, spring must surely be on it's way! You've done a great job with all the layers and I could even see the stickles on the hearts. Great Job...hugs...Barb

Lucy said...

Wow what a fun card! You definitely mastered using layers - I'd never have believed you hadn't done much before. Very effective.

Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges

Lucy DT X

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Congrats on your GDT spot and what a fabulous card you created! Love all the die-cuts and details of your card. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina DT

Anonymous said...

Very colourful, I love the pretty punched border, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

cathylynn said...

A beautiful card with great colors and details. Love those flowers.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!!

Vic said...

Stunning!!! thers so much to look at - its just beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Glitter n Sparkle...Vic, DT xx

Laura said...

Very pretty! I love the color combo and how beautifully you colored Tilda.

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Wow! This is really gorgeous! Absolutely love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful. the colours you have chosen are fabulous and the flowers are arranged beautifully. Good luck with being a guest designer what a fabulous thing to be asked to do. Have fun and thanks for joining us over at TTPH - Becky - DT

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful. the colours you have chosen are fabulous and the flowers are arranged beautifully. Good luck with being a guest designer what a fabulous thing to be asked to do. Have fun and thanks for joining us over at TTPH - Becky - DT

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

What a sweet image.. a super sweet card. Thanks for playing along with us at Love To Scrap Challenge Blog!!

Hugs,
Cathy DT