Thursday, January 31, 2013

A Maggie Birthday Card

I found some great glitter paper on sale at Michael's. I thought it would look great on a birthday card. What do you think? I made this one using Mini Happy Spring Tilda. (I really wish it was spring)

 
I am beginning to experiment with the myriad of decorative paper that I have accumulated. I love DP, but I am so scared to use it. This card features button paper from My Mind's Eye and glitter paper from Michaels. I could not find a brand name. I did not have matching ribbon, so I took some light blue and inked with Distress Salty Ocean. The DP is layered with cardstock. The scallop was done with a Martha Stewart punch. The die is from Spellbinders. The images were colored with copics. I sprayed the balloons with water mixed with white perfect pearls to give them a sheen. It wasn't sparkly enough so I covered them with glue and microfine glitter. I also used glossy accents on the little highlites of the balloons for more dimension.
 
I am entering this in the following:

7 comments:

Cathy Lee said...

Wow, love all the pretty sparkle, Annette. Tilda looks fabulous.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee
Magnolia-licious Designer

Kelly said...

I love those transparent balloons. Very colorful and a great Birthday card.

cabio's craft corner said...

This is a fun and cheerful birthday with the mini Tilda. Cute!
Hugs,
Cabio

Sonia said...

Fabulous card my dear:) Joyful and colorful:)
Lovely image:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Andrea said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at The Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only challenge

bonnie said...

So colourful! ;) thanks for joining in with us over at Crafy Ribbons! Hugs, Bonnie x

sparklingblackrose said...

Aww this is lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/new-candy.html