Thursday, January 24, 2013

Masculine Valentines

These are my creations for my first Magnolia card swap. I joined the Magnalicious group @ yahoo a few months ago because I saw and fell in love with Tilda and Edwin. I continue to find my way around the databases and files. There are a few activities I would like to try. With this being the month before Valentines Day, I decided to try my hand at a more masculine card that I can give to my husband. He is so not into pink and flowery. This CAS card should be more his style. The second one will work for any friend as I just put a "Be Mine" sentiment on it.

 
 
 
These cards were made using the exact same supplies and taken in the exact same lighting. I don't know why the coloring is different. The top picture is probably more accurate colorwise. The DP is just some from my stash that I have had for years. I colored the red jewels with a copic. The hearts were made with a punch from Creative Memories. I used Christmas Red Stickles around the die and heart.  I printed the sentiment using Word before I punched it. I used Mini Tilda with Heart and colored her with copics. Its a pretty simple card that speaks for itself.
 
Here are the challenges that I found to enter:

12 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Adorable creations, thanks for sharing them with us at crafty ribbons this fortnight
Hugs Kelly

Teresa Arsenault said...

Isn't it lovely how you can use the same basic design and come out with very unique cards every time? You have proven that it indeed can be done with these two beautiful cards.

Thanks for sharing in the fun this month at Avadares Challenge Blog.

Blessing hugs,
Teresa

Priscilla said...

What a pleasure to visit your blog. Cute creations. Thank you so much for playing the anything goes cdac challenge. Can't wait to see what you will come up with for the other challenges going on. Remember you can enter as many times as you like till March 31st. Happy crafting.
Priscilla

Mervi said...

Hi, so lovely and adorable card.
Thank you for sharing at my Candy & Challenge,
good luck;-))m

Basement Stamper said...

cute image, perfect Valentine's cards. Thanks for joining as Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

CG said...

Gorgeous! Love that pin too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Best, CG

Heather said...

Cute Cards!!
Thank you for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
Hugs
Heather

Reflective Art Studio said...

Really Love this... Nicely done.
Thank you for joining us this week at Stampotique Designers Challenge.
xx
Sarinda

Margaret said...

Very nice cards. Thanks for joining us at Avadares for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

DIANA L. said...

This is so cute I just love it-cute image
Thank you for joining us at Creative inspiration paints.
CI design team member
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

cute cards, annette! your choice of embellishments really made the projects pop! thanks for joining in on the fun at really reasonable ribbon! - vivian

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the browns and reds. That looks so wonderful together. Thank you so much for sharing these projects at CDAC for the Anything Goes Challenge. -Shelly
Shelly's Images.com