Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Angel Card

This card was specifically made for the CDAC challenges Progessive Freebie Challenge and the Inspirational Challenge. The angel image and sentiment are courtesy of Shelly from Shelly's Images. If you like it, pop over to www.shellysimages.com and visit her store.


 
 
 
The base is cream cardstock. The dp is the same digital paper that I used on my last card. I liked it so well I wanted to use it again. Plus it fit in with the color challenge for the Inspirational Challenge. The angel is colored with copics as are the heart punched sentiment layers. The button is homemade using white cardstock that I colored to match the sentiment. I used a small heart punch from Creative Memories. I then covered it with two coats of Glossy Accents and sprinkled it with Effectz Gold Essence ultrafine glitter. Bakers twine is knotted to complete the look. I mounted the angel on the green cardstock to make a mat. I again added lace self adhesive ribbon, flowers, and bling to complete the look. I used stickles on the swirls on the angel's wings. I used a Creative Memories green glitter pen overlaid with the Gellyroll stardust clear pen on the vines inside the heart. The angel's wings were sprayed with Mr. Huey's Shine. I then traced some of the artist marks with the stardust clear pen. The sentiment was punched with another bigger heart punch from Creative Memories and backed with self adhesive ribbon. I really like how this card turned out. For the sketch and stash challenge I used both new and neglected things. The new would be the image and sentiment. The neglected is the dp (since I forgot I even had it. I don't even know how long I've had it). I just started using the lace also.
 
Here are the challenge links:
 
 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

OH wow! Thank you so much for using this digi for the Inspiration challenge. I love all the lacey embellishments and details. Thanks so much for sharing this at CDAC so that I could come to your blog to visit.
-Shelly
Shelly's Images.com

Andrea said...

Gorgeous detail and layout, and I love the touch of lace! You've used the colours beautifully!
TFS :)
Andrea

Karen said...

heavenly beautiful! Love the lace

Priscilla said...

What a great coloring on your image. What a pleasure to visit your blog .Thank you so much for playing the cdac challenges. Can't wait to see what you will come up with for the other challenges going on. Remember you can enter as many times as you like till March 31st. Happy crafting.
Priscilla

Pattie G said...

Annette,
This is so pretty! You did a wonderful job coloring and composing your creation.

Pattie
Pattie's Creations Digital Stamps

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

this is beautiful!
thank you for joining us at Charisma!!!

rgcarr said...

Lovely card and great coloring!

Marion said...

Great use of the challenge colours this week. Thanks for sharing it with us at AnnaBelles.

Sonia said...

Hi my dear Annette,your creation is fantastic^_^ Delicate,sweet and elegant^_^
Have a wonderful afternoon and evening^_^
Hugs,
Sonia