Monday, April 30, 2012

CDAC Challenge card

Wow! It seems like I haven't been here in forever! I didn't realize that my last post was clear back on the 19th. Things have been busy. I probably won't be posting much in the next couple of weeks. I took on the task to make table favors for our All Daughters Bangquet at church as well as being the main speaker and coming up with the program. This weekend, I and two friends worked on making bookmark tags. Together we inked 56 tags. I still have to do ribbon for some of them (after I buy more) and put the bible verses on. I will be posting them later. For today I am posting my latest creation for the CDAC Progressive Challenge.



This digi image is provided by McMahon Five Designs. I really like the victorian look and wanted to try to give her a vintage look. Using a technique with an alcohol filled aqua brush and copic markers I painted everything a brownish color. I then added some shading. I added some sparkle to her clothing by outlining it with my clear stardust gellyroll pen. I doubt that the sparkle shows up though. I wanted the flowers to really stand out. I covered the design with crystal lacquer (doing each color at a time) then sprinkled it with PK Glitz Glitter Glitz. This really made a bright, sparkly display. The diecut is from Lifestyles. I inked the edges of the die with Vintage Photo distress ink. For the 2nd mat, I just traced around the die and cut it out by hand. I inked the pearl on the pin using a copic marker. The sentiment was cutting out with a punch by EK Success. I tried to stamp it with Staz On opaque white but it didn't transfer good enough. I ended up tracing it with a white pen.

Here's the link to the progressive challenge:
http://priscillastyles.ning.com/group/cdac-progressive-freebie-challenges

I also found some other challenges to enter:
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/simon-saysanything-goes.html
http://midweekmagnolias.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/week-8-open-theme.html
http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/week-17-shabby-chicvintage.html

4 comments:

Kim Kelley said...

So very pretty! Love the colors and the soft feel! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

HUGS!!
Kim
CDAC Progressive Challenge DT

debby4000 said...

Oh this is lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

luv

Debby

'The Crafting Owl' said...

This is beautiful - thanks for playing along at Polkadoodles xx

Daniele said...

such a pretty card so glad you joined us at Polka Doodles this weeks
hugs