Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Bucket

He is risen indeed! I hope all of you had a great Resurrection weekend. We celebrated in our usual fashion. Dad wasn't with us this year, but we walked out to his grave. That will probably be a new addition to the traditionalal get together, whenever the weather is fitting. I hid 105 eggs and had to look for 25 of them myself after everyone had given up.  We ended up finding all of them except 5. I did manaage to find one that wasn't found last year. It was dirty and faded, but still in tact. That gave my mom and sister a laugh!

I was up until 2 am Sunday morning trying to get gifts together and cards made for prayer partners and our teen for which we are their "guardian angel". I decorated this bucket with some cute little foam shapes my secret pal at work got me. The green paper was cut using my Creative Memories decorative trimmer. Rhinestones and ribbon brightened it a bit. I couldn't get my circle cutting system because my husband was in bed and it was in our room, so I just did my best in cutting out a circle for the lid. The scallops and flowers were made using punches. I used glitter cardstock for the flowers because I love glitter. It brightens everything up. The Scrapbook Queen requires digi images in her challenges. I almost forgot to add one. This cute rabbit is curtesy of CDAC. I can't remember the artist's name. I stuck her on top of the egg as you can see in the picture. I filled it with candy to give to our guardian angel.





I entered it in the following challenges:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! Such a fun mixtures of the foam stickers and digital image! Thank you for playing along at the SNSDC.

DIANA L. said...

This is adoraable. I really like that you put the bunny on the egg, that is so cute.
Thank you so much for joining my DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

Carol L said...

What a cute snack container! I love that bunny! Thanks for playing along with the SNSDC!

Maria Matter said...

totally adorable!
Thank you for playing along with The Queen's Royal digi Challenge!