Sunday, February 5, 2012

Square scallop Card


Hi all! Mojo Monday gave to sketches to try-round and square. I did the round one-now here is my sqaure one. The card is 4 1/2 in square. I cut the card itself using the reddish-pink paper and the Cricut Winter Wonderland cartridge (the first square snowflake). I used the shadow function and cut two pieces. I scored a line on the back of the second piece to make the fold then used my tape gun to adhere them together. This time I marked the top of the paper and turned the paper over for the second piece so that they would match up better. I had a little trouble with the round card-it didn't want to match up. I tried cutting a smaller piece out of scrap paper to use as the pink layer, but the scallops wouldn't match up and it didn't lay right. Instead, I used my printer/copier to shrink the original card to a size that I liked. This worked better-I just had to copy it at different percentages to find the right size. Once I found the size I wanted, I used the Gemstone co-oredinations paper for the pink layer. I used my crop-a-dile big bite (set on the smallest hole punch) to punch holes in it and laced it with burgundy ribbon from Darice. The bow was just tied. I marked the spots with a pencil first. Then back to the copier to shrink some more. I folded this piece in half because I only needed half of it. I cut a piece out of the two differnt papers (one was just a pink cardstock). I stamped the pink cardstock with a script background stamp using Worn Lipstick distress ink. I layed a piece of the burgundy ribbon over the middle to cover up where the papers meet. I cut the label using the same cartridge and snowflake as the card. The hearts were punched using the Creative Memories small heart punch. The sentiment was inked with Fired Brick Distress Ink. The bow with multiple loops was made with my bowdabra.

I entered it in the following challenges:
http://www.diecuttindivas.blogspot.com/
http://cardztv.blogspot.com/2012/02/cardz-tv-dt-challenge-5-tickled-pink.html
http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges
http://www.annabellestamps.blogspot.com/
http://www.theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/
http://flourishes.org/category/challenges/timeless-tuesday/

9 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

What a beautiful shape! Love what you did with your ribbon! Thanks for joining us for the Red & Pink Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Silke Ledlow said...

Cute card Annette! Thanks for joining us...hugs ~S~

Sharon said...

I love the shape of your card!!! The ribbon is great and I love the little sentiment piece. Thank you so very much for joining our Tickled Pink challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

Kate said...

Love your shaped card. This is beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us over at Cardz TV Stamps “Tickled Pink” Challenge. Hope to see you again.

Hugs,
Kate

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Love the threaded ribbon and those pretty DP's!
Thanks for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

Cheryl said...

I am loving all that PINK! Cute, cute card! Thanks so much for joining us for the Timeless Tuesday challenge this week.

Andrea said...

Beautiful card and the ribbon is just gorgeous!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea

Jess said...

Love the ribbon treatment around the edges, so pink and pretty!

Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

Missy said...

What a pretty card---I really like the square shape and how you ran the ribbon through!!