Sunday, February 12, 2012

Say it with Red, Black, and White



This is the Day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it! I have to tell myself this as I go out into the freezing temperatures and the snow. When it is this cold, all I want to do is curl up in a blanket with a good movie on the TV and a good book in my hands. I haven't had much time this week do any of that though. I worked on my daughter's taxes and I have just been really tired. I did find time to do one card that I could incorporate into some of the blog challenges this week. I had a hard time with the creative side, but once I figured out what to do the card went together pretty quickly. Mojo Monday gave me the sketch. Annabelle Stamps gave me the color scheme. Cardz TV, Fantabulous Cricut, and My Pink Stamper also gave me some guidelines of what to include on the card. This is my finished project.

I dry embossed the red card using a Fiskar texture plate. I cut out the white and black inset papers using my MS All Around the Page punch. I made the heart tag with a tool I have from Making Memories. I stamped it with a Stampendous swirly stamp before I put it in the silver frame. I had to use a pink ribbon for the My Pink Stamper challenge, so I glued pink ric-rac ribbon to the back of the heart. The die cut sentiment is from the Lacy Labels Cricut cartridge. I made my first rosette and put it on the white paper.

These are the challenges I entered:

If you like to blog hop, check out My Pink Stamper and Cardz TV. They have some good ones this weekend.

On Valentines Day let someone know you love them. The best Valentines Day gift of all though is to remember that God Loves You and you are Very Special to him!!!
Have a great week and a great Valentine's Day!



10 comments:

Andrea said...

I'll have to remind myself of your opening words when our Winter hits love those words :)
A beautiful card! Love the diecut shapes and embossing!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea

Sabrina said...

What a beautiful card! All of the details you added are just gorgeous. I love all the texture and dimension!
Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!
Sabrina

Kylie said...

Love your gorgeous card with all your wonderful detail and elements! Gorgeous work!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Dawnll said...

I love all the layers and colors.
Thanks for your visit today-for our Really Reasonable Blog Hop
Hugs

Jan Hennings said...

love this and the color combo is one of my favorites! Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my Really Reasonable Ribbon St. Patty's Day box :)

Anonymous said...

Love your bold colours and design! It's fabulous!
Thanks for sharing with us this week at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Karen said...

Annette thank you so much for joining my challenge this week. Your card is beautiful I love the layers and texture this card has. Fabulous design.

Marion said...

So many details to look at on your card! Good luck at AnnaBelle's this week. Thanks for playing.

Susan said...

Wow, this is so stunning. I love anything with black, red and white on it. You spent so much effort in making sure all the details were just perfect. Great job!!

I also want to thank you for visiting my blog (sues crafty mess). You asked about step by step instructions on my basket for May Arts. The post just previous to that one has instructions for a similar basket. The daisies were cut from Picturesque. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, because I would have never seen yours and I just love your work.

Sue

Maria Matter said...

this is lovely Annette!
thanks for playing along with us @ Paper Playtime!!
hugs