Tuesday, February 28, 2012

First Card Using A Digital Image

I have been seeing a lot of cards made using digital images. I found a group site that offered free images as long as you participate in the challenges using them. I decided to give it a go. Here is what I came up with:

I'm not sure I like these yet. I have to figure out how to properly use them I guess. I didn't like having it surrounded by the white cardstock I printed it on, but I had to use white in order to color it properly. I ended up just cutting it out. I didn't have any sentiments that went with dancing, so I had to use the computer and figure out how to place it properly so it would print where I wanted it to. That was actually the easier part. Stickles brightened up the dresses. I was pleased by the way it turned out. I am going to have to find some kind of tutorial somewhere on how to use these images. They have some really cute ones out there in internet land. So far I am using it for the following challenges:


Have a great week. If any of you know how I can find out how to use these images properly let me know please.


6 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

You have done a wonderful job of creating with your first digital image! I love your card. Thanks for playing with us for the CDAC progressive challenge.
Hugs,
Georgia
CDAC PC DT
P.S. I usually print my images and then use a die cut (Spellbinders to cut around the card). You can also add your sentiment right to the image area in your photo shop or word program so it is there when you cut it out. Check out my blog to get some ideas. (Hope this helps)

Dawnll said...

This is such a pretty image you used-fun design
So glad you could join us at
Really Reasonable Ribbon

SandeeNC said...

I don't use digital images as I don't have a printer but it seems that you did a great job, I like them being cut out as it emphasizes them better! waving hi from the rainy hills of North Carolina :)

Jan Hennings said...

so cute! Thanks for playing along with the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!

buglvr2010 said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joing us Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Unknown said...

Very nice first job! I am your newest follower!!!!!
I have a free digital on my blog just for today, you may want to grab it!
www.scrapbookingforbeginners-naomi.blogspot.com
Creative bug on the Loose
Hope to see you there!