Sunday, March 29, 2020

My Card for the LaLa Land Crafts Card Swap

I subscribe to LaLa Land's email newsletters. I got a post about the card swap that Irina was putting together using their products. I love doing these so I sent her a message "I'm in!" After receiving my swap partner's info, I went in and pulled out my LaLa Land Crafts products. Almost everything was Christmas themed. I'm like, "Oh no! What am I going to do with that?" The only stamp set that I have is this one with caroling mice on it and a Christmas postcard set.  Everything else I have are dies, papers, and Digi images (that I have no way to print right now). Thankfully I found a pocket die and a tag set (hmmm, I can use those). I pulled out some other things that I thought I could turn in to a non-Christmas card. Then I came to the typewriter and the creative juices started flowing. Some of the mice are holding songbooks. Why can't they be regular books? Ding Ding Ding! Books and typewriters go perfectly together. What to use as a sentiment, since I don't have any? As you can see, I didn't really use one. I have an old set from HeroArts that had a friend block. I stamped that on a piece of scrap paper and cut off a small piece to tuck into the typewriter. Now, what kind of paper can I use? I opened the 6x6 paper pads that I bought at Christmas. Thankfully this set had some prints that could work for any time off the year. (Thanks for that designers) I really like how the pages in this pack coordinate perfectly with each other. I cut out my pocket and my tag. The white piece of my tag was actually cut with the smaller tag off the set. I just cut off the rounded part. The bad thing about that was that there was no sticking on that side. I figured it would be less noticeable at the bottom. I stamped the HeroArt block again on this. I made Irina's signature frame on the inside because it gives a touch of class and looks great on her cards. Another typewriter and more of that piece of stamping from the front. Did my inside. I try to add glitter whenever I can because it's my favorite thing. Nuvo glitter drops worked to cover the key holes on the typewriters.

I was really pleased with this. I've listed the supplies under the pictures.




La-La Land Crafts Supplies used:
Little Merry Christmas 6x6 paper pack
A Caroling We Go stamp set
Curved Pocket Die
Large Stitched Tags Die Set (2 smallest tags)
Small Hal Doily die
Vintage Typewriter die
Hero Arts Original Definitions stamp set
Copics
Aquatic Mist Nuvo Glitter Drops

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you're staying safe and healthy!


No comments: